What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lonely Elf

Cindy Grundsten

Power User
I did an artwork with a wonderful stock from Deviantart. I always read stock providers Term of Use but this time I was not paying attention. This caused problem to me because I also had done a Tutorial from the work. And when I get back to the stock provider to read the Term of use again It sad nothing about if I could use the stock for a Tutorial and the worst of all........I could not use my work outside Deviantart without permission!!!!!!
OMG... I always read rules so careful, and this time I was so clumsy!!
I really hate when I can´t use my finish work where ever I want to!

I wrote her to get the permission, well, this is 1 month ago and she never replayd my note.

So what could I do? I had to find another model and start all over :banghead:

I can not upload it outside Deviantart, but maby I can give you a link to it. Sleeping Elf In The Moonlight

Anyway I used another stock, and here it is.

the-lonely-elf.jpg

Stock used
Backround Model Elf ear Spanish moss Branch WaterLily Bokeh Spiderweb

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
How do you come up with the inspiration to create this and all the others I've seen from you?

What can I say.... a master work . The elf's expression is just right....

Cindy Grundsten

Power User
dv8_fx I think the inspiration comes when I see the stocks. If I found a stock model with a special mood, or is special in any way, I can not keep my hands of it LOL
I like to do work as have some kind of feeling. It can be any feeling of course, not only this emotional mood. I also love to do children work, its also something close to my heart.

I have tryed other genres too, and its also fun. But I think this is what I love best to do.

How do you come up with the inspiration to create this and all the others I've seen from you?

What can I say.... a master work . The elf's expression is just right....

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yet another spectacular piece from you Cindy. I love the misty effect of your images, it adds a nice somber atmosphere accenting the emotion of the model. The Bokeh effect on the water is a nice touch.

Thanks for sharing.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
What impresses me is the lighting you applied as well as the details you've added in... the spider web, Spanish moss (we simply call it air plant, here) but especially the bokeh you added in. I don't see that used in digital manipulation art that often.

Thanks for sharing your art here, Cindy. Really lovely image....

Cindy, the dreamy ambience in this composite is very harmonious and the lighting is wonderful. Your work is an eye candy of intense attraction. Just gorgeous!

Cindy Grundsten

Power User
You are right dv8_fx, bokeh is not what ppl usual use in photomanipulations. I have my own stupid ideas LOL
Yes the spider web and the moss is more for a mystical feeling. :)

What impresses me is the lighting you applied as well as the details you've added in... the spider web, Spanish moss (we simply call it air plant, here) but especially the bokeh you added in. I don't see that used in digital manipulation art that often.

Thanks for sharing your art here, Cindy. Really lovely image....

Paul

Former Member
You know i still have our ring:redface:

tsk609

Beautiful,serene,calm and soothing composite image.
I had been watching it for full 5 mins.
Excellent work of art.