What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost my Photoshop serial number

Bob McArthur

I recently bought a new computer and when I tried to install my Photoshop, I couldn't find the serial number. Is there anything I can do, apart from throwing the disc in the bin. Thanks in advance for any help. Bob

A similar thing happened to me some years ago. Fortunately, I had registered my copy with Adobe when I purchased and first installed it, so I just called them up, they looked up my registration, gave me the correct serial number, and deactivated the copy on my old computer. They were very accommodating. As I recall, the only slightly annoying part of the interaction was waiting a half hour or so (!) on hold till one of their reps finally picked up my call.

If you did not register your purchase with them, I don't know how they will react. Since it sounds like you are talking about an older version, you might be able to sweet-talk them into helping you, especially if you sound credible (eg, not trying to install a pirated version).

Good luck,

Tom M

Back