What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feedback Love the new look of the forum, GJ!

I like the overall look but I will miss not being able to thank a post, only to like it.

Also the images that show in-line in a post are quite small, I realise you can click on them to make them bigger but a larger preview picture would be great.

I also miss not being able to see what awards people have gained. I always thought it gave people an incentive to participate more.

Please dont think I am not grateful for the work that goes on in the background - I really do appreciate it. Perhaps I am just a bit of a Luddite :)

Am I right in thinking that we need to repost out avatars?

Cheers

John

*Edit - I have noticed that the small preview pictures arent on every post - the recent post by @Eggy for example (Zen Morning) the previews are full width. However the images in this thread are very small - https://www.photoshopgurus.com/foru...on-image-to-high-resolution-image-help.62729/

Last edited:
Hey John,

The small sized images are from the old VBulletin. When posting now you'll have full sized pictures. (Just like my Zen Morning thread)
The thank option was dismissed and the 'old' thanks added to the likes.
I'm not sure about the awards, trophies ect...
I had to get accustomed myself...
Normally your avatar should have travelled to the new forum. If not you should adapt your profile, but I don't recall you having an avatar or am I wrong?

I will miss not being able to thank a post, only to like it.
Yes, this is a feature that I did not realize would not be added back to the new format. I will miss it as well.

fredfish said:
Am I right in thinking that we need to repost out avatars?
Yes

I think James's will be adding a new feature to replace the thanks, although we'll have to wait for him to confirm, I know it's not the same but for the moment we could just reply with a thanks and a smiley.
This is only in Beta at the moment so I would imagine there will be more features added as we progress

Thanks for the feedback @fredfish

I will miss not being able to thank a post, only to like it.

The thanks button is no longer available. Previous values for Thanks received were merged into Likes received count.

We have plans to add additional reactions to posts in the future, development is in progress. No ETA yet.

Also the images that show in-line in a post are quite small, I realise you can click on them to make them bigger but a larger preview picture would be great.

This is due to the way the old images had to be imported. New image uploads will be full size by default.

I also miss not being able to see what awards people have gained. I always thought it gave people an incentive to participate more.

I fully agree! Achievements will be coming back, in the form of Trophies. No ETA on this yet, shouldn't be too long.

Please dont think I am not grateful for the work that goes on in the background - I really do appreciate it. Perhaps I am just a bit of a Luddite :)

The feedback is appreciated. :thumbsup:

Looks great actually..

Good job to all for the new theme. Looks like you staff need new userbars lol, yours are looking very default.
Also the forum icons could do with being pulled into the 21st century lol.

Question about the new Forum makeover: when searching for the lastest forum activity, what is the difference between "New Posts" and "What's New"? "What's New" seems to be the most recent post or reply to a post. But I can't figure out what "New Posts" is showing me.

Question about the new Forum makeover: when searching for the lastest forum activity, what is the difference between "New Posts" and "What's New"? "What's New" seems to be the most recent post or reply to a post. But I can't figure out what "New Posts" is showing me.

"What's new" shows the latest posts, profile posts, resources (that I am beta testing, maybe you can see this part).

"New posts" shows only the latest forum posts which you have not read. One you read a post it disappears form this page.

"Latest activity" shows what members have done, including when people "Like" things, and replies.

Maybe there is more to it, but these are the differences I noticed.

Back