What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Help Needed With Photoshop Problem.

Lordtela

Hello Everyone,
Since Version 23.5 I started experiencing a problem on start up when after a few seconds it automatically closes with no error. Opening with a PSD file causes same issue but not as quickly. Updated to the 2023 Photoshop today and the issue is even worse. All other apps work perfectly this just affects Photoshop. Performing SHIFT+CTRL+ALT Pref Reset loads the software and it works fine... until i close and open normally again and the problem persists. I can't be doing that every time I want to use the software as its resetting my Preferences and workspace. I'm not sure what is causing this and Photoshops Home screen is always blank before closing.
Desperately need help as I have work to do.

Please help me :(

I did Install the old Version 32 and that
worked fine then once I updated it a bit
the problem appeared again. I have also
Resinstalled the software many times.
I'm on windows 11, I79700k, 32GB RAM, RTX2070

JeffK

Guru
Just a few questions:
- Did you upgrade your copy of PS or did you do a clean install after removing the previous version?
- Is there a version that worked for you before you upgraded? Were you on Windows 11?
- Have you recently added any third party software - fonts, actions, filters etc?

Lordtela

Just a few questions:
- Did you upgrade your copy of PS or did you do a clean install after removing the previous version?
- Is there a version that worked for you before you upgraded? Were you on Windows 11?
- Have you recently added any third party software - fonts, actions, filters etc?
Clean install, I originally thought it might have been my custom brushes I downloaded but removing them didn't help.
2021 and early 2022 versions worked fine late 2022 and 2023 has the issue.

JeffK

Guru
The only thing that combination does for me is duplicate and move the layer that I have active...
If you need to do some work, and aren't able to solve the problem just yet, I'd say download and install the last version that worked for you.
You can have more than one version on your machine at a time.
The only other possibly is to get Adobe on the phone....

thebestcpu

Guru
Here is an Adobe debugging guide. For tough problems I also recommend running hardware diagnostics in everything, removing all peripherals except a wired pouting device, (including tablets), removing all plugins, disabling ant “helper programs”, and boot into safe mood besides what’s in this link. If it starts working you can start adding things back in until it fails and you have greatly narrowed the possibilities of what is wring. John Wheeler
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html