What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Man on the 'moon'?

Paul

Former Member
Just a bit of shop fun:)

Attachments

• Houston we have a problem..png
    Houston we have a problem..png
    440.9 KB · Views: 16
What can i say...looks good, i like the colors. About technic can't say anything, don't know what origal was :)

Yeah man;)

Just the first man on the moon image
and a desert scene off of google is all:cheesygrin:

Oh...then very very good, looks natural blend in. And again i like the colors.

That's a good one, Belial. Like it !!

As far as I can see you got the lighting right, the guy properly on the ground without any noticable seems or edges, no cutout fringes, halos or any other tell it's a montage, colour match very well and you even got the shadows on the ground correct.
And - you got the concept working.

Only bitsy thing is the reflection in the helmet that would give it away in a larger image, since that reflection would show the guy - or gal, for that matter - is facing a completely different environment, but why be picky when everything else is just fine .. ?

Very good work !!

Thanks guys, yeah i did realise after about the visor reflection, will address.
P.S. thanks for 'like' JgraphNet.

yeah i also firstly noticed the continuity fail at the mask :) Has someone a tutorial (video/text) how to change the image on a helmet or just reflection? it would be helpfull to me to.

Has someone a tutorial (video/text) how to change the image on a helmet or just reflection?
Find another image of the same kind of environment, scale it down a bit and put it over the visor, use Warp Tool to match perspective, overlay it with color or texture or whatever works and tweek it with blend modes, opacity and what not. Just keep experimenting and adjust the outcome with masking away excess with Layer Masks.
Perhaps also vignetting, using Hooglemans technique...

I did not do the correct way i just played around with the pixels (cough).:redface:

Attachments

• Houston we have a problem. copy.png
    Houston we have a problem. copy.png
    502.8 KB · Views: 15
Doesn't really matter what you do as long as it works. That's the beauty of Photoshop ... :)

the reflection at the upper left looks a bit weird since the sun is behind him ;)

The photographer used a light umbrella, it was that i think?

lol, that's funny, i just something similar with an astronaut and an old photo of mine. well done, love the colors and martian feel.

Back