What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manipulation help needed!

Hassan1122

Hellow guys, I'm Hassan. A new member here. About how should i make my manipulation more realastic. If any of you can help me learn it. That would be really amazing. And btw i cant post the balcony png, it was also placed in the picture to make this work.20190508_202306.jpg

So if anyone could tell me what is wrong with this pic. That would be great, i also think the hairs give it away.

Hey.

I don't think that there's anything wrong with the hair or the selection. The problem I see is that the background image needs to be darkened with a Curves adjustment layer.

Hey.

I don't think that there's anything wrong with the hair or the selection. The problem I see is that the background image needs to be darkened with a Curves adjustment layer.
Okay so how do i do it. Anything more you can tell me.

i got it, but when i darkened the background, it was not fitting i think. so i made me go dark too. i will show you both. me too darkened and one with just background dark. tell me what else is needed to do with it. and which one works better. and thank you my friend.exp22.jpgexperiment11.jpg

Yep.............your a little crazy!

The 2nd adjustment in post #6 looked the best. You should have stopped there.

I think you also have too much of a blur on the background. Too much blur causes the subject to stand off and look pasted on. Pull it back just a little.

Yep.............your a little crazy!

The 2nd adjustment in post #6 looked the best. You should have stopped there.

I think you also have too much of a blur on the background. Too much blur causes the subject to stand off and look pasted on. Pull it back just a little.
Very well said, how do i pull it back a little?

how do i pull it back a little?
Well..................if you didn't convert the background image to a smart object and use a smart filter....................then you will have to discard the current background layer and and bring in a new one (that's not blurred).

The idea is to use Non-destructive Editing.

So let's use a Smart Object with Smart Filters so we can edit anytime we like.

Place your mouse cursor over the body of the layer you would like to convert (marked by the red X) then right click and choose "Convert to Smart Object".

Now any filter you add to the Smart Object layer will be adjustable.

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 6.31.51 PM copy.png

The idea is to use Non-destructive Editing.

So let's use a Smart Object with Smart Filters so we can edit anytime we like.

Place your mouse cursor over the body of the layer you would like to convert (marked by the red X) then right click and choose "Convert to Smart Object".

Now any filter you add to the Smart Object layer will be adjustable.

View attachment 98315
Wish i knew that before. So i did the whole thing, again. Anyway here is the end resultnot sure 1.jpg

Thats it , now my head hurts. I think this looks final? What do you think? Adjusted the balcony. Same as last one but balcony difference. effing final 1.jpg

I would try .08 and bring back some of the detail.

Back