What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manipulation help needed!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
:perfect::thumbsup:

Now it's final.

There might be some more minor adjustments to the subject, but this is acceptable. Great work.

Hassan1122

:perfect::thumbsup:

Now it's final.

There might be some more minor adjustments to the subject, but this is acceptable. Great work.
Di you thought for a sec that you will say minor adjustments and i will forget about it and move on? Bring it on. Whats next? One little warning, you might just go crazy a bit like me. Dont say i didn't warn ya.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No..............sometimes you have to know when to stop!

However, it may just be me but there seems to be some difference in the subject from the second image from your post #6 and the final subject. Did you make any changes to the subject layer?

Argos

Guru
Great work! if you want to be extra picky i would add noise to the background and maybe remove the blue cast light on the subject or instead, add a little bit of that blue light on the railingon the railing.

Fast example adding noise and removing blue cast
less blur1f.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't know..................adding the noise desaturates the colors of the background and lightens the darker tones. The richness is dampened. This almost brings us back to where we started.

I'm not sure about removing the colors in the jacket either.

Hassan1122

Great work! if you want to be extra picky i would add noise to the background and maybe remove the blue cast light on the subject or instead, add a little bit of that blue light on the railingon the railing.

Fast example adding noise and removing blue cast
View attachment 98331
Did i do this? I did not make this pic right? How did you remove the blue light from neck. How would you even put it on the railing of balcony. This is some next level stuff i was talking about sam.

Argos

Guru
In my opinion if the goal is realism on the montage you have to add the noise or remove the noise on the subject (i think it would lose to much sharpnes).

less blur1noise example.jpg less blur1noise example2.jpg

About the color cast it didn'tt bother me but again if the goal is realism or you removed it or you have to add to the railing on my opinion.

Hassan1122

No..............sometimes you have to know when to stop!

However, it may just be me but there seems to be some difference in the subject from the second image from your post #6 and the final subject. Did you make any changes to the subject layer?
No mate, i did not change the subject. Its the same from post 6 2nd. After you said it suits i have saved it

Hassan1122

In my opinion if the goal is realism on the montage you have to add the noise or remove the noise on the subject (i think it would lose to much sharpnes).

View attachment 98332 View attachment 98333

About the color cast it didn'tt bother me but again if the goal is realism or you removed it or you have to add to the railing on my opinion.
Now that you have zoomed in, i can see what you are talking about. I cannot reduce the noise of sub. Looks non realastic the other way. Noise may lighten up the backround tho. As sam was saying.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This I agree with! But it would be best to remove it from the subject.

Argos

Guru
Now that you have zoomed in, i can see what you are talking about. I cannot reduce the noise of sub. Looks non realastic the other way. Noise may lighten up the backround tho. As sam was saying.

But you can always darken again the background ^^

Argos

Guru
This I agree with! But it would be best to remove it from the subject.

it's possible, i didn't do it because i thought it would look worst and its always more destructive reducing noise than adding it (depending if you like noise or not of course XD ), but i can be wrong.

Hassan1122

it's possible, i didn't do it because i thought it would look worst and its always more destructive reducing noise than adding it (depending if you like noise or not of course XD ), but i can be wrong.
I like noise, yelling is what i do best. And now back to me. The subject. Feeling like a mutant, made in lab. Subject x. Anyways, if i have to reduce noise from sub. That means. I'll have to do it all over again. Thats a big pain in the ass.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
but i could be wrong.
There is no right or wrong............it just a matter of opinion.

I would try adding a Curves adjustment to the subject layer or dropping it over into Camera raw before I would add noise to the BG.

Hassan1122

i added 2.8 if i remmeber correctly, it was a fast try so i didn't use it any good selection or converted to an intelligent object
Okay I'll try to play with it a little. Tho how did you remove that blue light on from the subs neck. That was really good. If i have to edit i will do it too. And the coat stuff