What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass export of Smart Object

adashofhemlock

Hi, I don't know how to code very well so any help would be amazing. I am using smart objects in my PSD files to mass edit images the same way. Is there a script that can be written to export my background file with each individual layer from my smart object layer into one jpg per layer in the smart object? I have seen the scripts to export each layer of a smart object but that's not quite what I'm looking for.

For example, I have a desk background image with a smart object layer with all the different page images I want to put on the desk. I would like to export each page in the smart object on the desk as one jpg per smart object layer.

Hi @adashofhemlock
It was not quite clear the structure of you PS file since you mention "Page images" of which I am not familiar.
Reading between the lines, here is my understanding.

You have one file that contains the background image of a desk and another Layer that is a Smart Object (embedded or linked?)

In the Smart Object you have multiple Layers where each Layer contains one element you want to show with the desk one at a time.

It was not clear if other Layers were involved.

If my understanding is correct, there is a a way to semi-automate the process

1) Output all of the Smart Object Layers to their own individual files in a unique Folder
2) Create an action that uses the Layers > Smart Objects > Replace Contents of the Smart Object with one of the Layers; Follow this with saving the file as a JPG
3) Then automate the process using File > Automate > Batch invoking the folder of files already created.

Just a potential direction to consider.
John Wheeler

Back