What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft Publisher help

Hoogle

Guru
Yeah I know this is not the place but I have been searching for an hour now and cant find the solution.

Ok so when creating PDFs I can do this without thinking but I need to do this in Publisher.

I need to be able to write text in 1 text box and make those fields duplicate into a 2nd box so at the end I will have 2 text boxes same content.

And no I dont want to copy and paste the box as I need to be able to fill the form in life, so I am typing in 1 box but actually typing in 2 boxes at the same time sort of live update

I did it many years ago but for the likes of me I cant remember how

example file
View attachment example.rar

any instruction on achieving this will be greatly appreciated

It's been a long time since I worked in Pub and didn't ever try that. What if you make it as a table? Will you be able to link them somehow? Or link the text boxes? I imagine there are folks here who know the real answer, lol. Too bad I don't have lynda.com anymore or I bet I could find the answer. (they gave me 30 days gratis a couple mos ago just before my PC went south on me . . . sigh)

I thought link but that is like smart text boxes in in design and other adobe products where the text can flow from 1 box to another. I think I may have set it as personal info or something weird like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering if it might be InDesign you remember - Publisher is far more limited - but I haven't ever typed live in two boxes at the same time. Actually, can't think of why I would . . . though it's clear you have a purpose.

You can link text boxes together so text can overflow from one to another, but not to have text replicated in multiple boxes. May I suggest a simple copy/paste?

you can have it copy hence in the example I provided. when doing a form it slows down the work flow copy and pasting each field. but not to worry I managed to finally convince my client to do it PDF rather than illustrator which of course gives you far more flexibility, I think I just dont use microsoft publisher enough to know what it can and cant do.

Acrobat all the way I understand that so made the form in no time and able to export fields to a database so killed 2 birds with 1 stone.

Back