What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mirror Effect Reflection Shadow .

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Am I wrong but the 'before' is the correct reflection, not the after...
I believe Lambert is correct, the reflections in the after images are incorrect. Did you accidentally mix these up?

Trevor Dennis

Aaron's tutorial is pretty good — that whole reflections with curved objects thing can definitely be tricky. I like that he manually hand paints in part of the reflection, and that's a skill that anyone whole wants to get serious with image manipulation and creation should try hard to master. Rather than paint in the darker band under the can, I'd have been inclined to stroke and blur an elliptical selection, just to keep it tidy.

BTW I have posted here befoer, but not for a while. I usually live on the Adobe forums, but they have been getting short of interesting content recently, and you have some stand out content here.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Yeah, I like the way Aaron is handling that difficult problem...but he is what he is...
And yes, its never dull here although it's weekend and always a bit slower...