What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing application components

Steph Bail

G'day everyone ...

I purchased CS5 Design Premium back in August 2010 in DVD format. After a relationship split where I had to leave the home, I left the software behind and it has since been destroyed. Thankfully I registered it and have the Serial Number, however, the Photoshop section of it is throwing up this message:

Some of the application components are missing from the Application directory, Please reinstall the application.

Having been in touch with Adobe, only to be told they can't help and I would need to upgrade to CS6, which of course I can't afford, I need some serious help ??? Can anyone please help a poor chick ?? :eek:

:sad: I just want to be able to re-DOWNLOAD/UPLOAD the Photoshop component of this proggy ... someone ??? anyone ??? :neutral:

Please notice, on that page it says:

"Note: Very Important Instructions

You need to have a free Adobe account and be logged into it to use the links below, as Adobe sets a session cookie on your browser that allows you to access the direct download links. Otherwise, you will receive an “access denied” or “resume your download” message prevent*ing the connection. So please follow these instructions carefully or the links will not work!"

Try again and read the instructions, I had no problem downloading the program.

G'day Steve,

I finally did what you said, read the instructions properly and I have now downloaded it onto my iMac ... but now, as I am technologically challenged ... when I go to install it, it comes up with:

“Install” is on the disk image “DesignPremium_CS5_LS1.dmg”. Safari downloaded this disk image today at 7:23 pm from prodesigntools.com.

What am I doing wrong now ???

Steph :redface:

Did you download both files?
One is an .EXE the other is a .7z file.

It's a compressed file, did you extract the file(s) in the compressed folder?

Double click on that folder, if it doesn't open go to http://www.7-zip.org/ and download the program that will open the archive and extract the file(s).

Back