What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monamashes (all welcome!)

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
Hello Guys and Gals!
This is a no prize just for fun little thread where you can post all of you manipulations of mona lisa. which i call, Monamashing. Anyone who just picked up photoshop can do this so long as they get to know the program first :thumbsup:
honestly, you can mash anything with mona lisa! it's good fun and it's a great way of playing with new skills and effects. good luck! and resources are below.

Face changing tutorial:

Quite frankly mum taught me to use the photo healing brush to "erase" mona's face, then add the new one on and change the blending to soft light with a little bit of masking here and there to remove imperfections. but it's up to you how you do it.

High Res Mona lisa Image.
joconde.jpg

Rules: play nice, and the work has to be yours it would be nice if you showed the resource images you used as well but this is not compulsory. and all in all have fun!
questions can be asked at any time.

using:
gollum.png
and the high res mona, i got this:
mona smeagol.jpg
so feel free to join in and discuss it, jus remember, this is a little just for fun contest, so no prize but please don't let that put you off ;)

Paul

Former Member
Lol Alex that made me smile ha ha, good one.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Cute idea. I know this is just for fun but even the fun stuff helps us improve our skills and learn new things. If you want to improve on it a bit, try to get the earrings and the veil to blend in with the oldness colors and intensity of the painting. See if you can add some drape effect to the veil. To tone down the color intensity, use curves or levels or add a color layer above a selection of the items, then play around with blend modes, overlay and soft light are good for this, and adjust opacities. You can even find textures that help age them. I cut a section out of her chest and moved it over one of my additions to get the craquelure and aged yellowing color. Another technique I just learned in the week 15 challenge would work like this: Select the veil. Make a new layer above it. Fill it with black (it should just fill in the selection area). Go to filter > texture > grain. Set the blend mode to screen and adjust the opacity. You can lower the contrast and intensity by going into levels and dragging the black (lefthand) output slider.
You should have fun trying these things. Just my suggestion to make it look more incorporated into the painting.
Like I said, I think your Indian Mona is a fun idea :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Paul

Former Member
Been a while, kind of still here lately?
:rofl:

Steve

Retired Administrator
Well glad to see you back but what were you thinking?

You're not allowed to stay away from PSG without a note from an Administrator, no exceptions.
Don't try that again young man!! :slap:

Paul

Former Member
Sorry boss.

We moved house and the new internet connection took longer than i had anticipated, pesky Telstra via iinet...

Paul

Former Member
Really nice thanks Steve, needs a lot doing to it but hey, the price was right and i like challenges lol.
Yeah thanks Clare it's going ok, we just cleared the back garden ourselves me on a mini digger etching out the old soil to make way for the new pool, and palms.
Actually i like this garden design stuff, back breaking work but worth it in the end.
Its raining today here but very humid and sticky, so it's a good thin nets back on, so i am sitting here under the air con having a day off from dozer's and spades lol.