What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moondance

JeffK

Guru
This is one I thought about for several weeks and then spent several days on it. Changed as I went along - sometimes wanted one effect but transitioned to another. Saved and resaved/ Lots of layers - probably more than I needed. :cheesygrin:
- Jeff

dancer version 4.jpg

I like the very special atmosphere you created in your image.
It is meditative but peaceful, though I don't get tired to look at it for minutes again and again.

There is just a thing about your color range from pink to turquoise I find a bit out of harmony. But this is just me...and my personal taste.
Otherwise a really wonderful creation!

I like the very special atmosphere you created in your image.
It is meditative but peaceful, though I don't get tired to look at it for minutes again and again.
There is just a thing about your color range from pink to turquoise I find a bit out of harmony. But this is just me...and my personal taste.
Otherwise a really wonderful creation!
Thanks for your comments, Chris. It was intended to be a thoughtful piece so I'm really glad that came across. The story within the image actually began with the woman and my intention of creating a double exposure. When I added the gradient, it was a a happy accident - I didn't intend those colors but they happened to have been plugged in from a previous exercise. I liked they way they worked together and when I added the moon image, which was the last part of it, I mirrored off those colors. It seemed to work as almost a supernatural mirage with a bit of fantasy.
Color is my greatest vulnerability. I know what doesn't work but it's a bit of a struggle for me to choose complementary themes. It's all part of the same struggle I guess.

Thanks again for your good words and impressions - it's very important to me that the story comes through.

- Jeff

This is one I thought about for several weeks and then spent several days on it. Changed as I went along - sometimes wanted one effect but transitioned to another. Saved and resaved/ Lots of layers - probably more than I needed. :cheesygrin:
- Jeff

View attachment 119598

I really like the ghostly swirls and the separation of the foreground from the background. Too many layers? Not hard to do. Harder to go in and remove them - like cleaning house. Sounds like you've manipulated it to your satisfaction. Great work, or I should say, play. If we don't love it, why do it?!

If we don't love it, why do it?!
I don't do things I don't want to do...but then again, I do things that I don't understand why i did them. I guess that's one way we express love... ;)

Thanks for your good words - I do look forward to seeing more of them!

- Jeff

Back