What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first set release of Album Covers for ARC Music Productions

ARCMUSICGRAPHICS04

Hi,

I am a graphic designer at ARC Music Productions and these are a couple of CD covers that I created for my first set since taking the job. I have uploaded these and will be uploading more as they are released in hope of getting feedback on how effective they are in selling the CD and showing what the CD contains. So please feel free if you have any ideas, comments etc to leave a post.

Many Thanks

2351 (t).jpg2353 (t).jpg2354 (t).jpg

Hey Sarah,
congrat for these nice designs! the 3rd one has very good atmosphere.

ps:too skinny to bellydance:(

Oh thank you, yes trying to get a ireland-ish feel without the obvious cheesy imagery
Thanks for your feedback, it's handy to know whats working and what isn't :)

Thank you Scoop for the feedback, I totally agree, do you not like the first because of the colour? it's a bit dark and dreary I know, but the music itself is very emotional heartbreaking songs so I hope it suits the melancholy feel

I suggest darkening the lettering for "bellydance," so it stands out a little more from the photo. Maybe a gold/green gradient fade.

Otherwise, they look great.

Agent

To be honest i don't like any of them really. They lack a certain professional spark, is it me or do they look like the cd's left in the $1 bin by the door at most good music stores?
Don't intend to offend but this is my opinion.

No seriously how did you get the 'gig'?

Calm down, Maybe it's just a different taste to your usual likings. I happened to have proof that the sales of the albums have gone up since I have become graphic designer, so obviously the style suits the target audience, which I am guessing is just not you.

I did say 'no offense' right, your correct with the target audience line, i see that type of work all the time, if it sells and you get paid fair play mate.
CALM DOWN CALM DOWN you sure your not from up 't' north lol

Ha Ha!! No im from up north lol! Although people do say now and again I take on a broomy accent, didnt think about til now. God knows where it comes from I don't know or speak to anyone from up north to pick it up from. Maybe I lived there in a pastt life...

No Seriously going back to actual topic of feedback, this was my first set release, the first attempt at doing this. I was very scared and not relaxed enough to get real creative. I have done around 30 CD's since although only about 12 are released and able to be shown at the moment and I do much prefer my recent work that I cant show. Looking back at these they are not my proudest Covers out of the lot but they are all I can show for now

Back