What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My lettering seems too close together

stl314

I created this logo, however, as you can see, the "A" in plant seems way too close to the other letters. I used a LATO font, and no matter what I do, I cant get the spacing or centering correct. All of the lettering seems off a little

Any help would be appreciated

Untitled-11.png

Are you familiar with the setting that controls the spacing between letters? With the Text tool activated, click on the Character & Paragraph pop-up window and adjust the setting where the red arrow is pointing (below). In my example, I set the spacing at 200, which spreads the letters far apart. You can apply the spacing adjustment to all letters, or just individual letters.

Kern.jpg

You can select those letters that you feel are misplaced, copy them to a new layer, move them to fit and clone out any visible remnants underneath.

i.e.
Logo.jpg

If you are on a Mac click the space before or after the letter and press the Option key while pressing your right or left arrow key to increase or decrease the space.

Thanks guys, how do I get my arcs perfect? Don't they seem off a little? I am definitely new to this and I appreciate it.

Back