What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Effects My second ever

JgraphNet

Power User
ta.jpg

Link to video: Throw Away

Sticking my neck out here by doing this post in this forum, but I don't have permission to do anything in the Video Editing & Effects Showroom ( does anyone have.. ? ).
So, if I'm doing a terrible No-No I'm counting on the Mods deleting this post.
Partly I'm doing it since this section of the Forum seems a bit slow... :)

Anyways, this is my second AE animation ever and I ended the video tutorial Lightbox Background with it - hence the 1024x768 dimensions and 15 fps.

Some info: AECS3 + stock images + stock footage + Trapcode Particular and Lux + custom particles + Particle World + buckets of Fractal Noise + "Throw Away" by Blue Stahli + the five notes from Close Encounter + bits and pieces of sound effects.

Had to end it a bit abruptly when it got to 2 min long since as the AE-noob I am I could have gone on and on with it and it was allready up at 775 MB on the raw avi...

Watch it - like it - trash it - slash it - whatever you fancy.
If you've got questions I'll try answering them the best I can.

Last edited:
Wow .how about coming across the big pond and teaching me that stuff (I'll buy your ticket) Nice job!

Thanks guys !

Actually, the trickiest parts was converting the burning roses footage from 24 fps to 15 fps with the motion smoothness preserved and make the custom particles - the space ... ahmm... "sperms" - perform well.
Another slightly tricky thing was getting the numbers on the measure tapes the right way around when mirroring the manequin, but a bit of Photoshopping took care of that.

I was also quite surprised how far you could take using Fractal Noise. The starfields, the five Close Encounter-spheres and all the planets are Fractal Noise - except one. The small "moon" in the second scene behind the large upper planet is a surface map of Venus from NASA.

>Dezigns Unlimited: It like how smooth it is and the nice track selection, you did good keeping it in sync...

Ever since I bought the Thrown Away mp3 from Brett ( Blue Stahli ) I've been thinking how I could "visualise" it. Those flying/floating space ... things ... really helped med out there.

>iDad: Wow .how about coming across the big pond and teaching me that stuff (I'll buy your ticket)

Be careful what you wish for .. I like travelling in style... :cheesygrin:
Nah, you save your $$'s and get AE. The learning you can pick up from Andrew Kramer @ Video Copilot

>Steve: With very few exceptions there aren't any restrictions on any member posting to any forum.

Well, you know, there's always some uncertainty when you feel your close to the thin red line with doing something. If it's still there and three mods have commented the next time you look, you know it's ok.
The Video Editing & Effects Showroom section is definitly locked for me. Can't even post a comment on something, but since there are no posts at all in there I guess it's the same for everyone.
But I'm quite happy to post here.

Should I Google translate that.. ? :lol:

Damn.....I was hoping you'd bring Ae disc with you

Yes, I think that is the common term for someone who has a mere couple of weeks experience with an application.
I don't even know any useful keyboard commands yet ...
Of course, some previous video editing in Sony Vegas, sound editing in Audition, some dabbling with 3D animation way in the past and a number of years with Photoshop have helped out.
But as said, this is my second AE animation ever, so yes - Noob.

Last edited:
Yes I do, but when clicking on it I get a message saying:

"JgraphNet, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

I'll check it out.

Oh, and no need for you to use Google translate, you don't type with an accent. :lol:

Edit:
I left a message for an administrator, there's nothing I can do about it, but I'm pretty sure it's locked by mistake.

Last edited:
Thanks. I was thinking perhaps the lack of posts is becuase noone have those rights .. :)

>Oh, and no need for you to use Google translate, you don't type with an accent

Just kidding, Steve...

Vanligtvis brukar inte Google Translate göra ett särskilt bra jobb med att översätta till svenska

Let's see how GT translates that !!
If it fails miserably I'll translate it for you.

Now I'll work on typing with an accent.

Perfect, sounds like Yoda is Swedish
"Agree with you the council does. Your apprentice Skywalker will be."

Usually not Google Translate do a particularly good job of translating into Swedish

This translates back properly but it's probably improper Swedish grammar.

"Vanligtvis Google Translate inte gör ett särskilt bra jobb med att översätta till svenska."

That's Yoda-Swedish allright !! :rofl:

Not only improper Swedish grammar, but improper English grammar as well and that's the problem with GT. It can't make proper sentence contructions.

What if everyone would learn languages through GT ? All Yodas we would be !!

May with you The Force be !!

Last edited:
You got any plugins yet? Or trap codes?

Besides all the Cycore stuff that installed with the app I bought Trapcode Particular, Lux and Shine and used Particular and Lux (the space ... things... ) in the animation. Also some of the free ones from Video Copilot. Got my eye on Optical Flares 2, but have to wait since I bought Action Essentials 2 and Pro Scores from them. Pro Scores is awsome !!

Last edited:

Back