What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Textless Movie Poster Collection

Moviefan2k4

Hey, all.

Since I've collected quite a few high-resolution movie posters over the years, I thought I'd share them with anyone who wants them. That way, you don't have to scour Google Images for them like I do. Most of them are too big in size to be attached here, so here's the link to my ImgBox gallery. At the moment, there's 158 posters in there, but I'm always on the lookout for more, so keep your eyes peeled!

Hi, all.

I haven't been able to shrink many of the file sizes down for my images without sacrificing the quality, so I decided to host them on my MediaFire account. At the moment, there's almost 2,000 textless posters in there, but I'll still be updating it every so often. I've got tons of stuff from Amazing Grace to Walk the Line, including the adventure, sci-fi, and superhero genres. There's also quite a bit of Disney art in there as well. Most of the images are between 3,000 and 5,000 pixels, but about half of them are even bigger than that, up to 10,000 pixels or more!

Please note that when it comes to previewing the shots, any file over 100 MB might display an error message instead, but the download itself should still work anyway. Here's the gallery link - feel free to bookmark it if you want!

Last edited:
OK, so I have an update for you all. I've spent the last few days re-organizing and expanding the amount of posters on my MediaFire account, and so far the total has reached a whopping 2,428 images. I took the initiative this morning, and added a bunch of stuff to the Pixar section, plus I moved some of the Disney material to multiple folders so each film would have its own directory when needed. As before, most of the additions are between 3,000 and 5,000 pixels, but that's strictly due to the resource sites I've been getting them from. The moment I come across a bigger and clearer version of a previous file, I'll do my best to update it. I hope you continue to enjoy my collection; God Bless!

Another small but important update.

I've been looking for anything I can find, related to the Pixar film Ratatouille, but very little was showing up...and what I did find wasn't very good in terms of size or quality. Then today, I found an online AI-based image upscaling service that will increase files up to 8,000 pixels. After using the service, I compared the new versions to the old ones, and the quality loss was minimal if existent at all. I also tried it on a very low picture from Terminator 2, but that gave me a disastrous result.

Anyway, the service is free for the first five images, and then you have to pay afterwards. I put my new Ratatouille images in my MediaFire archive, and here's the link to the upscaler website, if you want to try for yourself. Enjoy!

https://imageupscaler.com/

Thanks for the link @Moviefan2k4

I found a version of the Pixar film Ratatouille that was 3000 px high and appeared pretty good. The image below was scaled to 5000 px, and the link at the end is to one that is 8000 px.
Of course these are versions with Text
I hope that helps.
John Wheeler

Ratatouille-image-5000-px.jpg

And here is the link to the 8000px version
John Wheeler
Ratatouille at 8000 px

I used the upscaler I mentioned to get what few pics I already had to around 8,000 or so, but now I found another service that can increase an image up to four times its original size. I've already used it to improve some of the more prominent entries in my archive, and over time I'm sure I'll get around to updating them all. The more recent service I found is called Img2Go.com, and its pretty affordable all-around. I'm a big fan of the original six Star Wars movies, and artist Drew Struzan's poster work, so I took some 5,000-pixel versions and increased them to a whopping 20,000 pixels! I examined them up-close afterward, and there didn't seem to be any major problems with them. You can find them all in the Star Wars section of my archive - here's the link. Enjoy!

I found two fairly low-res textless pieces from the first "Men in Black" film. They were originally less than 5,000 pixels, but I doctored them in Photoshop and then ran them through the AI upscaler. The results are pretty impressive, given the sources I had to work with. You can download them at the link below; enjoy!

Another update, for anyone who's interested.

One of my favorite all-time films is "The Crow", starring the late Brandon Lee. I have a lot of stills for it, but at the moment I'm focused on the posters. I found one new design done by another fan that I really liked, and ran it through the AI upscaler to increase the resolution. The other poster for the movie is an alternate one from the '90s, which some people may not be familiar with. It was about 3,400 pixels when I found it, but it required some fairly extensive cleanup work before boosting its quality as well. You can download both at this link.

I also like the third installment in the series, called "The Crow: Salvation". It originally came out in 2000, relegated direct-to-video after a poor test screening in Spokane, Washington. The movie stars Eric Mabius as a wrongly-convicted young man, who is executed for the murder of his girlfriend by corrupt cops. Upon his return from the dead, he sets about hunting down those truly responsible. The movie deviates a bit from the series' formula, established by the original film and the first sequel, "City of Angels". Mabius' character of Alex Corvis is younger than Brandon Lee's or Vincent Perez's, and he also seems to relish his supernatural powers a bit more. At one point, he traps a cop in his car, shoots himself in the mouth, and lets the shocked officer witness his healing abilities right in front of him. That moment is just one of several, that sets the tone of the movie apart from its predecessors.

Unfortunately, the movie does have one big problem - there's quite a bit of blood and gore in it. The first two films kept that aspect to a minimum, but "Salvation" loosened the restrictions quite a bit. If not for that (and some brief nudity in a few small scenes too), the movie probably could've gotten away with a PG-13 rating. As a fan, I've actually thought of trying to do my own fan edit, but so far I haven't gotten around to it. James O'Barr, the creator of the original Crow comic book, even praised Mabius' performance, but also said the rest of the film "needed a lot of work".

Anyway, sorry for all the rambling - I just get excited when my artistic side is fueled by stuff like this. Here's the link to the posters for "Salvation", if you want them. Enjoy!

I added a few more textless posters to the archive, this time for the 2021 "Mortal Kombat" film. I would describe myself as a moderate fan of the franchise, in that I enjoyed the earlier games and the 1995 film. But I haven't played any of the more recent entries in over 15 years. Still, I'm curious about the newer movie, especially now that a sequel is on the way. Amazon currently has the first one for under $10 on Blu-Ray, so I'm thinking of picking it up. Anyway, here's the link to the posters; I hope you like them.

I found a fairly hi-res version, of the teaser poster for the upcoming "Beetlejuice" sequel. I removed the text in Photoshop, and since its dimensions are under 5,000 pixels that means I can attach it here. I hope you like it.

Beetlejuice 2 (2024) - Keyart #1.jpg

Hello again, everybody.

I found a decently clear but still fairly small version of this on CineMaterial. I wasn't happy with the size of it after downloading, and unfortunately the AI upscaler has been on the fritz. So, I had to use a few more primitive Photoshop tricks instead. Its not the best result, but I do think its passable. If I find a better one, I'll do my best to update it. But for now, here ya go!

Star Wars - Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983) - 40th Anniversary.jpg

Back