What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need brief explanation of steps of this youtube tutorial

k.udhay

Hi,
This guy Arun Titan is one amazing photographer here in India. Though he covers more of wedding and other functions nowadays, it seems he was once a street photography guy. His works in flickr are awesomely expressive.

I got this YouTube link where he has uploaded his photoshop steps for such street photography:

As he has used many steps and there are no voice or subtitles, I am unable to understand the significance of each step. Can someone of you help me decode his steps? It would greatly help me as a start point?

P.s. - The YouTube video is very fast. Probably he had to reduce length of the video for some uploading reason. I downloaded the video to watch in VLC using its slow motion setting.

Hello and welcome to PSG.

You can also slow videos down in YouTube.
Click on the gear icon
Select "Speed"
Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 7.50.24 AM.png
Then select 0.25
Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 7.50.39 AM.png

Slowing down the action should give you a chance to see what he's doing. If your not familiar with what he's doing and your unable to understand the significance of each step, then I cordially suggest that your skills and experience with Photoshop may not be ready for these types of edits. You would be better served by starting with basic tutorials on Photoshop.

You can't learn Photoshop in a day. It takes time, effort, and commitment. I hope you can appreciate that it could possibly take one of our members a great deal of time trying to explain the entirety of the different steps that are used in this video. If you have a specific question about a specific step, that might be easier for us to explain. I hop you understand my point.

Last edited:
Your point is very valid. Thank you first of all for giving a polite explanation. Perhaps, I should spend more time and better ask very specific question (for example - effect by a particular layer on the image).

Back