What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Need help creating this shape I made in Photoshop in Illustrator

ASC

Hey guys,

I need help creating a logo I created in Photoshop in Illustrator... The main thing I need is making lines with point edges... I done this in photoshop with the shape tool and then created the sharp edges with the Pen tool. I just wanted to know if there was a easier way of doing this I have a feeling I'm taking the long route...

Cineture Logo FINAL.jpg

Thanks in advance guys :)

DisturbedShifty

Well I would suggest using the pen tool again.

But I would only do one Letter C and one of the diagonal lines. Once you have those done you can duplicate them and them place them as needed. I would also use the pen tool on the diamond shape in the middle.

That's the best I can suggest. I only got a quick lesson in Illustrator in my graphics design class. So what I know I novice stuff.

hawkeye

Guru
For the diagonal lines, use the Line Segment Tool, hold the shift key to get the 45° angle, then use the Width Tool to make the tapers on the ends, reflect and copy it to get the second one the same.

The C is just a letter, duplicate it and turn to the proper angle.

The middle part is just a square on a 45° angle.

Make the little V on each corner and you're done.

Hoogle

Guru
either photoshop or illustrator the method I would choose will work exactly the same in both.

step 1 use the square shape tool (not the line tool) draw a thin rectangle the length of the line you want.

step 2 under the pen tool is a pen tool called add anchor point and in the middle of the end of 1 side add an anchor point

step 3 use the white pointer aka direct select tool and select only the new anchor point you added and pull it out that will make it a pointy line

ASC

Hey guys,

Thank you for your help/advice appreciate it. I'm currently trying out the pen tool in Illustrator, not used it much as I mainly use Photoshop so take a bit of getting use to shortcuts etc...

I managed to get the C's that wasn't hard and also the middle diamond which is made up of 4 of the letter I's :)

Wanted to make this logo in Illustrator as I want the logo to be a vector so I can downscale/upscale as much as I like without is loosing any quality.

ASC

Quick update,

I've managed to make the sharp edge with the pen tool but can't get it perfect... It's slightly over the edge, full view of the logo you can't tell... But I like things to be perfect lol hence why I'm asking if anyone know's how I can bring the two edges in slightly...

illustrator.jpg

hawkeye

Guru
The pen tool is not the best tool for this job. Read my post again. The width tool is what you should use.

ASC

Hi hawkeye,

Thanks for your help buddy! I've managed to finish the logo off. Just 2 more questions regarding exporting the logo...

1. Should the background be transparent seeing as the logo will be on images, video etc, if so how do I make the background transparent.

2. Which is the best format to save the logo as?

Thanks

hawkeye

Guru
PSD and EPS both retain transparency. I'd recommend PDF.

Last edited:

ASC

Have a quick question guys, I'm making a business card. I managed to make the logo in Illustrator no problem saved it as a .eps file, opened Photoshop and placed the .eps file into my photoshop document using "place" option under File.

Then I added some text below the logo... But the logo is appearing very blurry, I'm not sure why this is or what is causing it. Can anyone help me please...

Below are print screens of the logo within Photoshop and then opened in Adobe Read after saving the card as a .pdf

BC 1.jpg
BC 2.jpg

Hope someone can help me out, thanks in advance