What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with creating similar glass button

Heya mates, long time no see. Can I get some instructions on getting a tutorial on how to achieve the similar effect? Thanks.

button_light.jpg

Hey EN!

I usually start out with a Google image search on Photoshop glossy button tutorials.

Then I cruise through the images until I find something similar to what I like, then click on the image and open the associated website in a new tab. When I find A TUTORIAL I LIKE, I click on that. Then from that site, I find a specific tutorial on the exact BUTTON I want to learn how to make.

You have the old reliable YouTube!! Photoshop Glossy Button Effect Crusie through these until you find something you like!

Anyone? No One?
I tried for a couple of hours and could only get this far:

glossy-web-buttons-psd copy.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry EN, I have been so busy lately that I'm falling behind! I haven't forgotten about this!

I was watching this TUTORIAL VIDEO and thinking it was a good starting point for re-creating the button you're asking about. It's just a matter of using some of the techniques described to get a near perfect match to your example.

Thanks Sam my main issue is getting the glow at the bottom, tried inner glow too can you come up with a tutorial yourself? I'll be very thankful to you. please.

can you come up with a tutorial yourself?
I will do my best! It will probably be tomorrow before I have a chance to work on this! But I will certainly try!

I know it's not much yet, but I had already started trying to work this out!
Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 8.41.43 AM.png

Got any luck mate?
I'm still playing with ideas...................please forgive...........I have my sister and her husband in hospital on vents due to Covid. I've been traveling trying to figure out how to pay their bills.

Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 11.47.52 AM.png

Thank you.

They have 4 vehicles and a house requiring payments. Not to mention all of their bills..........like utilities, phones, TV, etc. I went to their home and could not find any information on accounts, passwords, etc. Please everyone, you never know what could happen and we will all catch Covid eventually! Make lists or at least tell a family member how to access all of your bills!

Thank you.

They have 4 vehicles and a house requiring payments. Not to mention all of their bills..........like utilities, phones, TV, etc. I went to their home and could not find any information on accounts, passwords, etc. Please everyone, you never know what could happen and we will all catch Covid eventually! Make lists or at least tell a family member how to access all of your bills!

too bad that, good we don't have a single case here.

Thank you.

Sorry to hear about the illness, Covid needs to be taken seriously. There are numerous password apps available, many of which are free. I use KeePass on my PC. My family knows the master password which gives them access to pay all the bills.

I'm not sure how close you may think this is, let me know. I also don't know if I can describe it's creation in a step by step.....

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 9.19.46 AM.png

Thanks Sam, Can't really tell unless it's on a the same BG like that can you post the source file please so I could compare it?

Can't post the source file at the moment.

Here's a small png like your examples.
EN_WebButton_01.png

Okay, Thanks alot for your efforts and time when you were alot busy and stuck. I'll wait for the psd whenever you get free time. Then I'll try to match this with the example. Thanks again.

Back