What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with this photoshop!

echeclus21

I believe whatever the newest version is...I just download it last week but I'm sure where to find the version number

Haha yes it is CS6 :) It is on my girlfriends computer so I don't have my image right now, I will ask her to email it to me, otherwise I will just post it tomorrow night. I am having trouble getting a ring out of the white box area, and then putting that ring in between my thumb and pointer finger in another picture. It honestly looks like I just posted one picture on top of another. Haha. Is anybody willing to just do this for me?

Alright I had a friend help me out a little, is there any way to make it look more realistic though? Maybe I will have to find a better picture that isn't so lit up. You can definitely still tell it's photoshopped and I need it to look as real as possible.

Attachments

• U7hnxDa.jpg
    U7hnxDa.jpg
    555.8 KB · Views: 4
Add a bit of shadow between ring and fingers.

I suppose you could always use the burn tool very small a few pix/soft edged brush.
If you do not have the PSD

Wops, Im extremly sorry. Im new to this site and didn't know there was a page 2. I don't know how to edit my reply, but you can also try to add drop shadow and inner shadow on the ring to make it more realistic. :)

A couple of comments:

1. Is there some specific reason you want to show all that junk in the background of the picture of the hand. If not, take another picture of your hand with a better background. It will look much more attractive.

2. One of the reasons it looks so artificial is because the picture of the hand you supplied is out of focus, whereas the images of the rings are perfectly sharp. The only realistic way to fix this is to take another photo of your hand, and this time, focus on it, not on the background.

HTH,

Tom M

I tend to be very pragmatic: Since you supplied links to several different rings, it sounds like you don't have to use a specific ring. So, why don't you just go to Google IMages and search for {hand holding ring} and use one of those images and save yourself a lot of trouble (...unless your intention is to use this as an opportunity to learn Photoshop).

T

As a reflective material you need to get your red skintone to bounce off and the contrast is to high. Need more noise to make up for the noise picture that the ring is beeing copied to, a little bit (a lot is actually needed but it's gonna make it look horrible) blur to make it not pop out so much etc. I gave it a quick try to give you some idea how to do it. I could upload the psd. file if you want to look more into details?

Ring.jpg

Last edited:
As a reflective material you need to get your red skintone to bounce off and the contrast is to high. Need more noise to make up for the noise picture that the ring is beeing copied to, a little bit (a lot is actually needed but it's gonna make it look horrible) blur to make it not pop out so much etc. I gave it a quick try to give you some idea how to do it. I could upload the psd. file if you want to look more into details?

View attachment 33453

Brilliant man!

Back