What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Cs5 "minimizing files" puts them on my Windows taskbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexgraphics

Hi, I just upgraded to the CS5 and this is driving me INSANE! It used to be that when I minimize the files, they stay inside photoshop and minimize there. Now they are going on my windows taskbar which makes it IMPIOSSIBLE to work! Is there a way to fix this? Thanks so much!

That might be a Windows setting specific to Photoshop that was changed somehow...

What version of Windows are you using?

I just upgraded my machine to Win 7 and this is happening for me too! It is extremely annoying, I don't want minimized files going to my taskbar. Strange thing is, I have CS5 on another Win 7 machine but this does not occur (it may be a different package, not sure). I can't find anything in the settings and none of Steve's solutions help. Anyone been able to fix this?

haha a simple solution to this open photoshop go to Edit>preferences>interface 2nd box down you should see a check box that says open documents as tabs check that box then you get a row of tabs along the top
View attachment 4780

Turning off 'opening documents as tabs' is one of the first things I did when they introduced that feature. I have many docs open at once and need to be able to move them around the screen so this doesn't work well for me. I tried to give tabs a chance but found it frustrating in my work flow. Also, this still doesn't solve the minimize issue, unless you are suggesting using tabs and not minimizing at all.

yeah it is the only way all though once they are in a tab you can just drag the tab down to have it floating and the re dock it when you switch I actually much prefer the tab system just 1 tip though if your going to have floatind docs on top of tabs you may want to go to create new and have a tiny canvas or something as the last tab so you dont have distracting images behind your floating windo

I tell a lie you can go to window optio and press tile all vertically or horionatally then drag them all to 1 side except the 1 your working on then just drag out the 1s you want to work on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back