What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New guy here!

MarkinJapan

Hi. I'm pretty new to Photoshop and while I appreciate that it's an incredible piece of software, it's also pretty intimidating.

I plan to take my time learning how to use it (and I imagine this forum will be a useful resource), but there's something in particular I wanted to ask about, and that's how to create a sports shot where the athlete's moves are "merged" into one picture, so you see the athlete several times at several stages of the move.
In other words, you can see multiple images of the athlete at various stages of the technique but within the same single picture (for instance, a rugby player running for a try, and you would see him at various places on the pitch, but it would be a single shot, not a sequence...I can't post links yet because this is my first post, so I hope my description is adequate. I'd love to do this (I shoot a lot of sports), but right now I wouldn't know where to begin.

Any advice would be received with gratitude!

Welcome to the board! Making a shot like that would entail layering all the images on top of one another and masking out the areas that you don't want displayed, like erasing a body in all the shots but one to show a baseball pitcher throwing a fastball. Then you can throw some groovy effects on top to make it more artsy if you like. ;)

Welcome on board, MikeInJapan.

Just to add on 4DM's advice....

depending on your image.... you can simply layer in correct sequence all the athlete's images , leave the first layer or background image untouched and lower the opacity of all the others.

The effect would be like a motion blurrish effect.... most especially if you have a crowd or objects in the background

Hey Mark in Japan, I am new as well and am not sure if I can post links either, but I did a Youtube search for Photoshop moving person and quite a bit popped up and that may be a good place to find a tutorial.

Hope you find what you are looking for!

Back