What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New items

Kenneth_Russel_BANDW.png

into
Kenneth_Russel_RECOLORED.png

Last edited:
On the first one, you copied an eye texture, and made a color overlay?
The second one is a disaster, I think I don't need to tell why. But fine. The face is terrible.
Nice job on the suit and the tie though.

Last edited:
ok *************************************

The eye was actually black and white . I was looking at black and white stuff to mess around with . I recolored the eye ( trying to master it ). I was just gonna leave it colored and then i said hey i can post this in of my Facebook groups so i put the flag in there .

Again with the recoloring tried again . Is there any particular reason you don't like the face any suggestions - i'm open.

also this one was what i was supposed to add before my internet died for a bit
vzv9ug.jpg

The face glows too much, and the colors are a bit off. It doesn't look realistic.
As for the eye, coloring is more than brushing in color mode, or setting your layer to color blending mode.
Play with hue, saturation.

I might be a little harsh, but trust me, it's better for self improvement.
If people tell you that's it's great, just to be polite, you'll never improve.

yet again Ivan you come in being just rude I dont care how good you think you are as a junior trainee web designer or amateur photoshopper there is no need to be an idiot about everything Grow up offer contstructive criticism by all means post some of your expert work I am sure I can be as positive towards that as you are to members work on here. But then I guess it is easy to be pick on other peoples work when your not willing to put your own stuff up for criticism.
I have not seen 1 nice post from you or anything remotely positive and you just annoy me now.

Dear Hoogleman,

As I've stated, I'm honest, and I always offer constructive criticism, just ask.

Also, I've already uploaded my website, but I'm putting it in here as well, just for you.
mock_up_7.jpg

See I have constructive criticism for that but I do not start it of with that sucks.
I personally feel it all blends into 1 mess not clear to look at my eyes are not drawn to anything in particular.
can hardly read the contact us details on top right. Guest book banner is covering up the welcome sign
moose lodge logo should stand out more text in particular.

I would space it out more change the main photo to something a bit plainer
maybe allign it all to the left box wise and extend the top header bar and bottom navigation bar so that you can move the right hand navigation (green 1s ) of the picture or to the right and center them up. But honestly I would put them in a horizontal format like the rest of your site. maybe at the bottom loose the green perhaps make wooden buttons with text burnt in at least it would match the rest.

Well, this design is a result of several modifications, and I had no effect on site wireframe, all of the elements are there because client wanted them to be there.

Also, you can't read anything because this forum destroys pictures.
It should be 960 px wide, not 650.

As for your input.

Image is warm, and comfortable, it invites client to book a lodge on this site.
Four images on the bottom are dummy ones, so your argument about button covering it is irrelevant.

Text on the logo is supposed to be carved, but the resolution here is too low.

And last of your arguments, it's all about what would YOU do, and that doesn't matter. Never put YOU in your design, as stupid as it sounds, it's true. (payed designs, of course)

I like that new logo just posted but I am viewing the forum in the psg dark beta which is showing rough edges. If I may can I suggest adding some burning or shadow to the curves in the center yellow part as it does not seem to have the depth of the rest.
Nice Design idea well done

@ Ivan thank you for editing your thread That is far better contstructive criticism.

Back