What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Text Tool Staying as Layer When Hitting Escape

EdSparxx

I would like to change the text tool back somehow. If I click with the T, then i get the lorem ipsum. I obviously didn't want that.... so I hit escape... Now I have a new text layer and there has to be a way to get this to go away. I did not want the text layer but I have to delete it. I want the lorem ipsum to realize it is not my child and go away when escape the crap out of it. Any suggestions.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello.

Edited: Good call Ged. I misunderstood the problem. I did not realize that the OP was using the auto fill (placeholder text), I thought they were adding the lorem ipsum themselves.

As I understood, there was a leftover layer, or what the OP was calling a "new text layer" that was still there after they hit escape that they wanted to delete. They way to do that is to highlight the layer and hit delete or drag the layer to the trash.

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
Hey Sam, the original post was a bit confusing but when I seen the lorem ipsum I understood what the OP was talking about.
What version of Photoshop are you using, it's not like Adobe but version 21.2 has more bugs than you can shake a stick at :cheesygrin: it's even rendered some old and not so old GPU's useless, seems to be related to the new compositing engine which is more GPU intensive and MAC users are having a nightmare with the update.
The Adobe forum is full of very unhappy people.