What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Tutorial is up...

You beat me to the punch Mark! Score's even. :D

Well, I'll try to be diplomatic about this... thanks, Wendy for using the font, and thanks Mark, for the link.......:D

Another btw.....I've amassed quite a few fonts, and I saw somewhere that instead of installing them, they can be stored in a folder and then when you want to use a font you can just "open" the selected font and use it.....or something to that effect.... [saywhat] Ever hear of this?

FontNav

Larry,

I have a progam called FontNav. It was part of the Corel Draw 8 package, which incidently came with about 125 megs worth of fonts. No way I was going to install all of them. Well actually I did install them ALL once and found out Windows 95/98s distatste for more that 256 files in a directory. This is a no-no. But I digress.

I have those 125 megs of fonts stored on my D drive in a font directory and when I want something new or see a tut that calls for a specific font I fire-up Fontnav and it lets me cycle through the fonts giving me a preview and an install option. I don't think fontnav is publicly available but a search of 'Font Viewers' on http://download.com.com/ returned some really good alternatives. Good Luck.

Actually, Larry, it was Mark who inspired me to use that font in the first place!

Well actually I did install them ALL once and found out Windows 95/98s distatste for more that 256 files in a directory. This is a no-no.

SilvrWolf, I've heard that before, but why is it and what kinds of problems can one expect? I DO have more than 256 fonts installed... [confused]

older systems

in the older systems you couldnt have more than a certain amount of files in the root directory. The main problem with having so many fonts at the time was certain programs would LOAD all the fonts. SOme versions of Word had macros that when you pulled the drop down box for the fonts it would SHOW the design of the font. Hence having to load over 128 megs of fonts could be a problem.

Wendy you have take this tute into space :rofl: Great work there:perfect: I just might have to have another go at it. [shhh]

Thanks for the explanation SilvrWolf. :)

:rofl: Rick :rofl: ... Yeah "onwards & upwards"!

Thanks for the info Silver Wolf. Actually, I think I have HP font viewer installed, but I'm going to have a look at that site you mentioned.

More Programs

Larry, I had more time to post now.
Do a search for FontExpert, FontRanger, and Advanced Fonts Viewer those should definately get you where you want to be.

Herzlich wilkommen nerinho und wir allen sind sehr froh dich zu begr?ssen als einer unsere neue Photoshop artisten.

I worked for a German company, can't you tell? :rofl:

Thnx 4 the nice welcome.. Didn?t want to say just 'hi' ... gg
Not the first time I?m looking into this forum - most of my time I?m spending on pyros.pixelmassaker.net , Planet Tutorials (german comm.) and of course TG.
4 anybbody who really likes looking at nice images, mostly landscapes try TerraDreams

OK enough links - let?s get pxled again - I?m trying to make a new version of that Mercator-stuff. I really didn?t realize spending 5 hours just playing with effects and layers... ;)

btw great ideas, nice effects..... there are too many to comment everyone.

greetz, nerinho

@Gaussian: Not bad your german. Think you made the same efforts writing that welcome-line as I?m doing with my school-english. So there will be some mistakes, but I think you all understand what I am talking about most of the time #@~*!!@

nerinho WELCOME! I missed your first post but I'm really glad that I saw your second! Beautiful work :perfect: :perfect:

And your English is excellent ;)

Welcome aboard Nerinho - now that is what I call a nice piece :perfect: well done
sfm

Back