What's new

Newbie in need of help!

Gythana

I'm new to the boards and relatively new to Photoshop. I have a couple of questions:

1. What version are .atn compatible with?
2. What folder should I unzip them to?

I'm thinking I can't use them because I only have version 5.0. I have Photoshop Limited Edition, 'cause it came with my printer, and I downloaded some actions but have no idea how or where to install them. Any help will be appreciated.

sPECtre

Guru
Sorry...

Welcome...
I just searched the Adobe forums for PS le, and it turns out that :{ :

"Yes, only the full versions of Photoshop have the "Actions" and "Batch" commands. With LE you can only manually perform these steps to one file at a time"

so you can instead try to follow the excellent tutorials out there, or start sparing for xmas time ... courage! don't give up!
:perfect:

marine0311

Welcome

The people here have helped me very much and a great group also!!

wbiss

Guru
Welcome Gythana!

Gythana

Re: Sorry...

sPECtre said:
Welcome...
I just searched the Adobe forums for PS le, and it turns out that :{ :

"Yes, only the full versions of Photoshop have the "Actions" and "Batch" commands. With LE you can only manually perform these steps to one file at a time"

so you can instead try to follow the excellent tutorials out there, or start sparing for xmas time ... courage! don't give up!
:perfect:

Thanks for the info!

And everyone, thanks for the warm welcome!:D

chiMera

I know i havent been here that long either but welcome Gythana :D

AppleCider

Power User
Welcome, Gythana, and stick around! You can learn a lot here, without needing actions. I too started with LE, and when you're ready for the "big guy" you'll find the switch is easy. You might want to look into Photoshop Elements which is a step up from LE but a LOT cheaper ($99) than Photoshop itself.