What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie in need of help!

Gythana

I'm new to the boards and relatively new to Photoshop. I have a couple of questions:

1. What version are .atn compatible with?
2. What folder should I unzip them to?

I'm thinking I can't use them because I only have version 5.0. I have Photoshop Limited Edition, 'cause it came with my printer, and I downloaded some actions but have no idea how or where to install them. Any help will be appreciated.

sPECtre

Guru
Sorry...

Welcome...
I just searched the Adobe forums for PS le, and it turns out that :{ :

"Yes, only the full versions of Photoshop have the "Actions" and "Batch" commands. With LE you can only manually perform these steps to one file at a time"

so you can instead try to follow the excellent tutorials out there, or start sparing for xmas time ... courage! don't give up!
:perfect:

marine0311

Welcome

The people here have helped me very much and a great group also!!

wbiss

Guru
Welcome Gythana!

Gythana

Re: Sorry...

sPECtre said:
Welcome...
I just searched the Adobe forums for PS le, and it turns out that :{ :

"Yes, only the full versions of Photoshop have the "Actions" and "Batch" commands. With LE you can only manually perform these steps to one file at a time"

so you can instead try to follow the excellent tutorials out there, or start sparing for xmas time ... courage! don't give up!
:perfect:

Thanks for the info!

And everyone, thanks for the warm welcome!:D

chiMera

I know i havent been here that long either but welcome Gythana :D

AppleCider

Power User
Welcome, Gythana, and stick around! You can learn a lot here, without needing actions. I too started with LE, and when you're ready for the "big guy" you'll find the switch is easy. You might want to look into Photoshop Elements which is a step up from LE but a LOT cheaper ($99) than Photoshop itself.