What's new

No pen tool. Need options.

fword

Hey guys. I've decided to take my art to the digital side.

I'm using a wacom tablet and I have a few sketches I've started that I would like to ink the lines for that ultra smooth look. However, I'm using elements 8 (cause I'm poor) and there is no pen tool option. I'm also very new to PS so that's the only option I've seen that would give me the results I desire. Suggestions?

I've never downloaded any plugins either so I wouldn't know where to look or how to install them (if its complicated).

Sorry. One day I won't be a noob at this.

Hoogle

Guru
Cant you just just use a hard fine brush instead I really dont think pen tool is best way to go for sketches unless they are very simple. if you have a wacum then I would definately suggest tracing your sketch with a hard brush

fword

Well what I mean by sketches is my first step. I want to begin coloring but I can't get them to the quality I would like first. I still get some of the natural errors from free handing the lines.

Paul

Former Member
Some of my artoons are with the mouse totally, others i have used the pen all in. The pen gives it another level yeah, but you can do it all with your mouse - just practise more mate.

Vafann

Guru
Well what I mean by sketches is my first step. I want to begin coloring but I can't get them to the quality I would like first. I still get some of the natural errors from free handing the lines.
Do you have a scanner? in that case you could scan your sketches in and then trace them with a thin brush in Elements on a new layer maybe? :)

Vafann

Guru
Oh and also, you can download Inkscape for free, you have the pen tool there, and tutorials on how to make vector dreawings. I have done that since I can´t afford Illustrator yet. :)