What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not a Valid Photoshop Document

kentvilla

I have been using my Photoshop CS6 without a problem. However i have gone to use it today and i can open up any photos from bridge to Photoshop because its saying "COULD NOT COMPLETE YOUR REQUEST BECAUSE IT IS NOT A VALID PHOTOSHOP DOCUMENT". I have never had a problem before but the other day i did change some settins on my PC to help it run faster. Maybe this changed all the pictures to an unreadable. the are all saved as JPEG which i thought Photoshop could read. Can anyone help?

If the images are viewable in bridge and image viewers it may be a Photoshop issue.

Try resetting the preferences file.
It cures a lot of strange behavior in PS.

Start Photoshop and immediately hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows)
or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS X).

Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"

This WILL reset any custom settings you may have back to the default settings.

I have reset the preferences but when i double click on the image in Bridge it opens up into Windows Viewer in stead. Where before it would open up in Phostoshop

Try changing the Default File Association. I'm assuming Windows? Go to Control Panel/ Programs/Default Programs =Make a file type always open in a specific program. Find jpg as the file type and see what is set there to open it with. If other than PS -change it . It will give you an option to Change on a button top right.

I think you are supposed to select the image, then click on the shutter icon. If it has already been edited in camera raw, dbl clicking will open it, or if it is a raw image. I think this is correct. Anybody?

The shutter icon will open it in Camera Raw. OP-what happens when you right click in the image in Bridge? You have an option presented to Open With.

thanks guys changing the JPEG from window viewer to open in PS6 has worked......brilliant

try this , right click the file you want to open, and select the "open with" - select photoshop program.. hope this helps..

Back