What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old book thing

Vafann

Guru
I tried to make something with my own pictures again, I used an old book texture, but the rest are pictures I have taken. I wanted it to look more old and vintage but it didn´t look good when I tried, it just looked all brownish, so I tried a bit more of a contrast.

As usual, I welcome any suggestions to make it better. I tried a couple of new things on this that I haven´t tried before, I love that you can learn something every day with Photoshop.:) :)Gammalbok-1.jpg

Your pictures are beautiful,I like the idea(old book) Have you tried to change blending mode of pictures layer or reduce opacty?so you can see the texture beneath pictures(to get a sense of old book)

good work!

Your pictures are beautiful,I like the idea(old book) Have you tried to change blending mode of pictures layer or reduce opacty?so you can see the texture beneath pictures(to get a sense of old book)

good work!

Thank you Luna! Yes I have tried to change blending modes and opacity about a million times lol. I had to delete a whole bunch of layers because they were just making it worse. Maybe I should put another texture on top of it or something.

I would like to know,how I can fix the middle and a bit around the edges, so that they don´t look so sharp and new compared to the book texture. Any ideas? :)

Real nice Vafann! A wonderful summer feeling! Would make nice postcards!

Thank you Luna! Yes I have tried to change blending modes and opacity about a million times lol. I had to delete a whole bunch of layers because they were just making it worse. Maybe I should put another texture on top of it or something.

I would like to know,how I can fix the middle and a bit around the edges, so that they don´t look so sharp and new compared to the book texture. Any ideas? :)

Trying something like this Old and Worn-Out Photo Effect

or you can simply make a layer mask on picture (flowers)take a soft brush( reduce opacty of brush) and go over the edges. :)

Trying something like this Old and Worn-Out Photo Effect

or you can simply make a layer mask on picture (flowers)take a soft brush( reduce opacty of brush) and go over the edges. :)

Thank you again Luna! I will check out the link, but I was afraid you were going to say "add a layer mask and brush around the edges" lol! I always mess that up and it always looks really sloppy, but I will try with a very low opacity and see if I can do it. :)

Thank you again Luna! I will check out the link, but I was afraid you were going to say "add a layer mask and brush around the edges" lol! I always mess that up and it always looks really sloppy, but I will try with a very low opacity and see if I can do it. :)
Grungy border brush set by ~shoe-fly on deviantART

tRY THIS:

-download brushes

-load brushes in photoshop

-meake layer mask,choose brush,set color to black,and paint over layer mask

:D

Back