What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Old wedding photo - urgent!

ex_teacher

Guru
Everything is a tradeoff on something like this., I stopped trying to eliminate noise/artifacting to preserve some details. I think sometime the ' garbage' gives the illusion of some sort of detail we can't quite make out and its relegated to 'background stuff'. At any rate here's my 5x7 version

Married_6_5x7.jpg

hawkeye

Guru
You'll never learn by having others do it for you. Add a curves adjustment layer, click the border with the white eye dropper.
Screenshot 2021-07-09 093929.jpg

RedDwarf4Ever

Probably late, but I made a larger version. just in case

View attachment 122528
It’s quite amazing what can be done, looks so much better than the original

seen this mentioned elsewhere, wonder how effective it is
choose image. Then we’re going to go under adjustments and then we’re going to go down to match color. And this amazing button, it’s very simple. It’s right here. It’s neutralize. If I turn on the neutralize button, boom gets rid of the colorcast just like that.

Argos

Guru
It’s quite amazing what can be done, looks so much better than the original

seen this mentioned elsewhere, wonder how effective it is
choose image. Then we’re going to go under adjustments and then we’re going to go down to match color. And this amazing button, it’s very simple. It’s right here. It’s neutralize. If I turn on the neutralize button, boom gets rid of the colorcast just like that.

Thanks!

I just tested the neutralize button that you mention, i usually like to play with each colour separated (tone/brightness and saturation). so i didnt use it before, but is good to know its there.

I tested it on the original image, looks good but it would require extra adjustments anyway, still a lot of cyan and magenta.

RedDwarf4Ever

Could help those with limited skills and not too high expectation. But there never is a single button to fix everything, but could be a starting point….thanks for the feedback