What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Patterns and Textures

SilvrWolf

I did a google search but really didn't find what I was looking for. Does anyone have any URLs to frrely-distributable patterns and textrures for PS. (BTW I was hunting for a red brick pattern to make a wall.) Thanks

SilvrWolf

Thanks!

Stroker, I very much appreciate the url. I found my texture in less than 30 seconds and a site I'll be visiting a lot from now on.

Now a little help from the masters. What I am trying to acheive is an image of a brick wall on a corner of a street. I need a bend or corner on one side.
This is my first attempt first without lighting and then with. Could someone give me some suggestions to fine tune this. I have been playing with Transfom>scale/skew/distort/perspective to do this. Thanks.

SilvrWolf

The Images

first without light

SilvrWolf

The second image

This is with lighting.

wbiss

Guru
Hey Silvrwolf... that looks darn good! :perfect: You might want to try shadowing the wall somewhat on the left side to add some depth to your perspective. Otherwise, it looks great! :D

wbiss

Guru
P.S. Stroker, thanks for that link! A valuable one, for sure! :D

Tron

Guru
Silvrwolf
Here is quick and dirty wall I put together to show how a little shadow can give the feeling of depth :D

theKeeper

Guru
Aaa good stuff G, ya beat me to that link. I was just there a short while ago and it's a great resource. That guy's got a LOT of patience for building 3D quality textures.

A brief word about creating the corner effect of the brick wall...

You have to try and maintain the size proportions of the bricks at the corner, from each brick image. And the best way to do that is to simply flip the original wall horizontally, then move the dupe wall over until the edge aligns with the original. Then you can use the "Transform/Perspective" tool on the outer end of the 2nd wall to make it appear to vanish in the distance. This should leave the bricks that are aligned at the corner unscaled, so they'll remain aligned and sized to match the front wall bricks.

Great lighting job though Rick. :perfect:

SilvrWolf

latest attempt

Tried flipping the image and using only transform>Perspective then cropped accordingly.

wbiss

Guru
Looking good Silvrwolf! :perfect:

wbiss

Guru
Merci beaucoup, aussi, sPECtre :perfect: . Some nice textures high-quality textures there!

wbiss

Guru
Ooooooh... I've just been having a "looksee" and there's more than 'textures' there. Great images of 'objets' aussi! ;)