What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photomerge alligator

scarrmania

I took the original images (3) several months ago with my 8 megapixel digital. I had plenty of overlap between the images. I used shadow/highlight and barely adjusted master Hue/Sat to lighten it slightly and correct the color. The printable size is roughly 7' X 3'. I have one printed, now I just need to build a suitable frame. This gator came to visit a new bridge we were dedicating. Hope its' not to small to view.

sPECtre

Guru
Very good work! Isn't photomerge wonderful? a 24 Mp image...

Good work with the colors!

Too bad we do not see some more water on the right side, he looks a bit "trapped" in the picture.

scarrmania

Thanks for the comments, I've gotten a lot of mileage from this image at work, printed it for a few friends, (much smaller than 7'). Funny thing, when they say "keep it simple", it could not be more true. I can't tell you how much I have tried fooling with the image to get it to look 'better'. This one was done with only the few small changes I noted in my first post. (maybe i need a mallet-on-the-head smilie)...anyway i will go back to the source images, see if maybe I cropped out too much on the right side. And yes, photomerge is very cool!!