What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photomerge chooses blurred images - how to correct.

jonchamberlin

Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm taking a product photo (product is 24x14 of various colors and shapes), using a 100mm macro lens. It creates great images, but the area of focus is so small I have to take 40 or so images to make sure everything is sharp. I then use photomerge to create a giant panorama of this product.

The result is stunningly beautiful, but in some areas of the final image Photoshop decides to use sections of images that are out of focus - even though laser sharp images are available for Photoshop to use.

How can I ensure or correct the photomerge so the sharpest sections of images are being used? Can I move stitches? use a sharpen filter?

I've tried merging just two or three images at first, but the results are still blurred.

Any help is appreciated. I'm working with CS5.

Hi Jon, have you tried erasing the areas in the pictures that you don't want merged? As long as there is some image overlap Photoshop will be able to merge the images, you don't have to use the whole image. Take two images, make sure there is a good amount of overlap. Now on one of the images copy the picture (probably is the background layer) to a new layer. Erase part of that layer leaving a transparent section. Make sure that you leave enough to have overlap with your other image. Now do the Photomerge. You will see that Photoshop has no problems merging an image with a transparent area.

George

You can also mask out the fuzzy areas, then those parts will not merge

Back