What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photoshop CC and 3d menu

LuisDesigns

Hey there,

i just upgraded from ps cs6 ( non extended ) to photoshop cc, since i need to work with 3d function. I check all the requirements and my macbook pro meets all of it:
macbook pro 15"
Ram : 16gb
Processor: 2.6ghz Intel core i7
OSX : 10.8.5
Processor with 64bit
Hard drive : 750Gb
Graphics/Displays : 2
1 - Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 384MB of vram
2 - NVidia Geforce GT 650M with 1024 of vram
>>> when i open ps it automaticaly switches to NVidia graphic card<<<

from the looks of it my macbook meets the requirements for using 3d in photoshop but i cannot see the 3d option in the menu, plus the 3D Extrusion is greyed :(

Any tips on how to fix this?

Thank you,
Luis

yes and no answer...? Your best source of help will be Adobe in my opinion. No one here will know more than Adobe about Adobe software and it's requirements.

got a reply :

chatinfo.gif
Hi, there are 1 customer(s) in line ahead of you. We'll be with you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

chatinfo.gif
You are now chatting with Deepak_Gupta.

Deepak_Gupta: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.
Luis: hey...i am trying to get some help but i keep getting passed to someone else and cut off
Luis: can someone help me?
Deepak_Gupta: Yes, As I checked, your chat got disconnected, so please allow me a moment while I transfer your chat to the concerned queue.
Luis: i am going to get disconnected again... doesn't make any sense
Deepak_Gupta: Luis, I would request you to kindly connect with us, you will be answered shortly.
Luis: thank you
chatinfo.gif
Please wait while I transfer the chat to the appropriate group.

chatinfo.gif
You are now chatting with 'Ganesh'

Ganesh: Hello. Welcome to Adobe Technical Support.
Luis: hey there
Ganesh: Hello Luis.
Luis: as i was telling your colleague,
Luis: i installed the photoshop cc trial try b4 buy it
Luis: since i have to start working with 3d
Ganesh: I understand that you do not get 3d menu in Photoshop CC, am I correct?
Luis: my mac meets all the requirements but the 3d menu doesn't show...yes
Ganesh: Let me help you with the best available options.
Ganesh: Support is available for trial product atwww.adobe.com/support .
Ganesh: From here, you can reference a host of archived technical documents for your product.
Luis: i even was recommended to get cs6 extended instead but i see it doesn't exist anymore
Ganesh: We also have User to User forums available for any additional queries which are periodically monitored by Adobe personnel as well as the user community.
Ganesh: You can search within our knowledge base and forums regarding this issue.
Luis: i already did all that and no luck
Luis: i have been looking for a fix for the last 24 hours
Luis: i installed it yesterday
Luis: is there a way a could get cs6 extended to try just in case ?
Luis: ?
Ganesh: I am sorry as Photoshop CS6 extended is previous version and Adobe do not provide trial for earlier version.
Luis: how do i fix this issue then? i have some work to finish for a customer and i can't
Luis: that's pretty annoying when i get paid for hours
Luis: can you help me fix this issue?
Ganesh: I wish I could, however, Adobe supports only paid version and support for trial version is only available through above link.
Luis: that's funny....so i can't REALLY try it before i buy it??
Ganesh: Let me provide you a link for Adobe Knowledgebase and user forums.
Ganesh: Knowledgebase
Luis: ok, well, i am copying this chat conversation to add to my forums....that's ridiculous that u can't get support for trial version , so really u can try it b4 u buy it then

I understand your frustration. I assume you have Performance preferences set to Use Graphics Processor.

If so the only suggestion I can make is update video drivers and or do a reinstall.

He sort of answered you as far as I am aware the trial version of adobe cc does not include 3d unless they have changed it, that feature is only available to the full version along with some other extensions

actually it looks like that was just a beta limitation so cc trial should have 3d sorry for misinformation.

Go to edit > preferences >performance and check you have GPU enabled

YOU CAN'T FIX THE vRAM YOU NEED TO UPGRADE YOUR COMPUTER APPLE Sucks THAT WAY

Btw..my macbook pro is only 3 months old..version mid 2012...all drivers are up to date....gpu is activated under photoshop prefetences

Back