What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop CS4 Very Unstable on Windows 7 64 Bit

gaspower

Hello,

I have been for months trying to get CS4 11.0.2 to work well on a Windows 7 64bit machine?? Photoshop after running for awhile will start to hang, and sometimes crash. Also when trying to crop, it will delay when starting drag around the image. I have received some advice to disable OpenGL, did the same issues. I am running on a newer machine with 12gigs of memory, and the most memory the system seems to be using at max is about 8.5gigs, so there is still plenty?? Also I ave uninstalled and reinstalled the program a few times. Any other suggestions?

Thanks Jr

Make sure your video driver is up to date.

Turn off Edit|Preferences|Performance|Use Graphics Processor

Try resetting the preferences file.
It cures a lot of strange behavior in PS.

Start Photoshop and immediately hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows)
or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS X).

Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"

Hello Steve,

In preferences, I do not have currently checked Enable Open GPl. Is that the same as you mentioned Graphics Processor. I will check the drivers.

Thanks Jr

Back