What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop CS5 won't save - not enough RAM

Printmkr

I suspect that I don't know how to properly manage my memory - I get the insufficient RAM message and other random crashes in Photoshop CS5 in 32 Bit. I just installed the program recently on my fairly new Dell = 24 GB RAM and 1.5 TB free hard drive space - I am wondering how to optimize and stop having this major instability in the program - not used to it - ran CS2 on an old system with only 2 GB's of RAM and didn't have this problem.

Printmkr

Thanks - I will try it and let you know. Is there a preferable way to use all of my 24 GB RAM? I seem to only be using a small amount of it in 32 bit mode. I would switch to 64 bit, but my favorite filter only works in 32 bit.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I may be wrong but don't use all your RAM for PS.... I use 60% of RAM, ... and it's never been a problem and sometimes besides CS, I have 2 of either COREL DRAW, POSER or HEXAGON loaded.