What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lisahoney40

Over the past month I've encountered a problem with Photoshop. Any time I make an addition or alteration to a document, whatever I've done does not appear until I zoom in or out of the image. I have also tried waiting a few seconds to see if the program just lagged but it still doesn't appear until I zoom in or out. An example would be if I add text to a document, while I'm typing the cursor will move as I type but the text doesn't appear until I zoom or move the page around. The system I work on belongs to the company I work for and is running a windows 10 and I've already had a tech come out and update all drivers. Does anyone have any ideas or any experience with this?

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Try resetting the preferences.

If you're working with CC, go to preferences-->general-->reset preferences on quit and restart CC.

gedstar

Guru
Hi Lisa

If Eggy's suggestion doesn't fix the issue another thing to try, go to preference with CTRL K and then Performance and click on Advanced and set the drawing mode to Basic, test PS again

Untitled.jpg

Failing that try disabling Use Graphics Processor and test PS again

Untitled2.jpg

If either of them fix the problem then it's more than likely an issue with your Graphics Card driver.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
The next versions after Photoshop CS6: CC 2014, CC 2015, CC 2017 ect...