What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Request: Create a smile :)

youknowwhy

Hey Guys,
just having some starting problems, I dont know whether my first thread was accepted, so I read how to attach photos directly without posting a link^^ Hope this works^^
first of all, let me introduce myself: I am new to this forum, and also to Photoshop^^ Until last week, I had been using Pixelmator to edit my photos, but then I got my Photoshop from amazon. My name is John and I am from Germany, so I do apologize in advance for any inconvenience my language or grammar may cause:eek:

So the thing is I have been trying to make a smile on the face of a friend of mine, whose birthday is coming close and thus I want to create something like a photo book of good memories :p

I dont know how things work here, how much would it cost to edit a smile on a picture? Does it work that way? I do not hope I am offending anyone, just new to this stuff. So please excuse me...
Is there any other change you would make in that picture? I think a smile is missing^^ Show some teeth is not possible right because the mouth is closed? I was thinking using Lasso and somehow change the lips^^ I just wanted to know what the experts are thinking :p

Well thanks guys :) Hope Ill learn some good stuff :) Thanks again:)

Attachments

• P1000598.JPG
    P1000598.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 11
Nobody here will know what that smile looks like the shape of the teeeth or anything if you have a sample of his smile something might be done that you would be satisfied with it but not knowing is a guessing game

urg, i tried creating a smile once on a todler, mega creepy

so dificult because you dont just need to adjust the lips,
also eyes, eyebrows, wrinkles on forhead, around the eyes, lips and cheeks

Hey:) Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I thought it might be difficult, and wouldnt it be easier just to make him smile by just pulling the end of the lips up? Just a slight change? Of course, it needs to look realistic^^
If it helps, I got pictures with him smiling attached :)
Thanks guys

Attachments

• moi.jpg
    moi.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Malle 2012 b.jpg
    Malle 2012 b.jpg
    286.8 KB · Views: 8
urg, i tried creating a smile once on a todler, mega creepy

so dificult because you dont just need to adjust the lips,
also eyes, eyebrows, wrinkles on forhead, around the eyes, lips and cheeks

Haha^^ Yeah, I didnt have much hope in the first place^^ Just thought it might be possible just a slight change of the lips to just hint a smile or something^^

to give a hint of a smile, it's easier to work with the eyes than with the mouth.
I don't think I would be able to do it myself, especially with glaces making it harder.

I could do it but hose image are terrible for print

Resolution lighting etc its doable but something going to print should be paid for yo want to get involved in that email or pm me

Thanks, yeah it is more like this digital photo book, which I will make with iPhoto so you can watch it on TV, so it doesnt need to be like on paper print you know?
So I have this programm iPhoto and with it I can make like an over the top diashow... So it is not like I am going to print all those pictures I have :p
Sorry for the misunderstanding, so only for digital purposes and like I said it is going to be a gift for my mate, and it is just one picture of many, but I like things to look good so that is why I went here :)

So just a little smile would be so awesome or if it is possible with those other pictures even with teeth :D But I dont think that is possible without looking creepy or something^^

Last edited:
I am very much an amateur, but I believe someone with some more experience could certainly achieve good results.

smile1.jpg

smile2.jpg

I am very much an amateur, but I believe someone with some more experience could certainly achieve good results.

View attachment 28824

View attachment 28825
actually ruf that's not bad for material supplied, if you still have psd try changing layer mode or select area that are to dark and play with fill opacity levels make yourself a few bucks while at it

actually ruf that's not bad for material supplied, if you still have psd try changing layer mode or select area that are to dark and play with fill opacity levels make yourself a few bucks while at it

thanks.

nope; didn't save the psd. just wanted to show that someone with some skill could probably do what he asked for.

here's a little cleanup on the chin. that's as far as I care to mess with it, though. perhaps someone else will have a go

smile2.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I'd have a little go at it and just transpose heads. Unfortunately, you lose the eyes from the first picture. Like others have said, given the technical differences of the images you have supplied, it would take a lot more work to get a realistic picture yet keep the best aspects of both.

uknowy.jpg

some pretty bad color tints in your photos but heres a quick go for you

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Back