What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please advice me on revisions to be done in this .psd (Double Exposure photoshop)

kuzumi

Hi guys, it's been a while.

Recently I've been attempting on a double exposure thingy using a selfie of myself with a photo of the Eiffel Tower. I understand that using the photo that I have obtained from Flickr may be without permission (but it was downloadable and I have no intentions on using it more than as a private photo and training experience) so I hope to not be bashed on it. :\

Either way, this is the end result I have gotten so far, I am wondering if you guys are free to have a look at my progress and see if you could do any revisions of your own into it? I'm sure many of you here have already attempted it way more than I have and are definitely better than me on this. Would appreciate any advice!

Here is the Dropbox link (50MB)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fnegbz5gblgnqq/14477334427_a2cfb10e30_o.psd?dl=0

thank you and I hope to get some advice on this and hear from you soon!

sincerely,
Wayne

Hey Kuzumi. Many of our members prefer an image instead of a psd file. It would be nice if you upload an image as well.

Mn6DIQi.jpg

Hi Sam, apologies on that! Here it is!

Attachments

• 14477334427_a2cfb10e30_of.jpg
    14477334427_a2cfb10e30_of.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 0
Sorry it took me so long to get back with you!

I think you have made a few mistakes by placing brush marks on the original image.

Screen Shot 2015-01-14 at 2.00.28 AM.png

I didn't care much for the black and white adjustment so I took that out. The image made more sense with color.

I cleaned up your masks.

Screen Shot 2015-01-14 at 1.57.51 AM.png

Which tutorial did you follow?

Sorry it took me so long to get back with you!

I think you have made a few mistakes by placing brush marks on the original image.

View attachment 52262

I didn't care much for the black and white adjustment so I took that out. The image made more sense with color.

I cleaned up your masks.

View attachment 52261

Which tutorial did you follow?

Hey Sam! Thank you for your time on this! I agree that it makes more sense with colors, my first choice was actually with color but somehow my friends said my yellow skin made it look odd. But this version is a lot nicer! I actually followed this tutorial, but not too strictly though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5xmMEBY2ko

The yellow can easily be adjusted by using an adjustment layer.

Here' I used a Hue & Saturation adjustment layer.

Screen Shot 2015-01-14 at 8.59.15 AM.png

Back