What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help with wedding photos

He I am an aviation photographer and use photoshop to edit my aircraft photos. So when I got married a few weeks ago me being the cheap guy I am said to my wife and photographer I just wanted the Photos unedited on a CD. I thought it would be easy to edit them lol. How wrong could I have been my wife is now on my case to get some photos printed. Can anyone give me any advice on editing wedding photos. Thanks for your time look forward to hearing from you all.

You said you're cheap, not that you couldn't afford it. ;)
Maybe you should go back to the photographer and have him do it.
This is a special day for you and especially your bride.

Advice for editing wedding photos?
There's no step by step with that, every image is different.

It's a special day as steve said, i think it's a wonderful idea to want to edit them yourself to maybe give it a more personal design, but if it was just to save a couple bucks i'd recommend doing it to makes the wife happy. ( New rule to being married : if the wife isn't happy, ain't nobody happy! (; )

However if you are stuck to your want to edit them, it can be done in many different ways. You can add borders, play with the lighting, add soft glows and gradients, use filters on it to bring out certain aspects you want to stand out on the photo. The possibilities are endless.

Maybe try to upload a photo or two that you want edited and come up with something or ask for opinions on what would look nice on it. I'm sure everyone here would be happy to help you if they knew what they were working with :)

Hi Andy, good advice so far from Steve and -MAYH3M-.

If you would like help with the images I suggest posting some of them up here and we can give you ideas.

You are also welcome to post this as a job in the freelance section and you can get bids on having it done professionally.

Hey you could probably hire somebody, for as cheap as $10-15 online.
But if you could post the images, I could pop out the images working with a bit of it's lighting and focal.

Photofilters & Gradients tend to make what we call a monotone, or some type of one sided color themed image. Believe me have been doing this for a living.

You wouldn't want to do that.

It also depends, If you want a soft image that glows, or a sharp image with all the texture intact.

If you want to.
Pm me, I could take a look on them ;) for you!

Right off the bat you need tighter crops on all these images.
Color correction, exposure adjustment, and straightening also.

As an example in the first image, the bride and groom are the subject.
Everything else is a distraction.

Just a quick example, I cropped and then blurred and darkened the background

Attachments

• BG.jpg
    BG.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 12
Thanks Steve that's great well we are on the subject can anyone come up with anything Different or unusual for the last photo of me and the 2 brides maids so its nit "just another wedding photo" Thanks

Thanks Steve that's great well we are on the subject can anyone come up with anything Different or unusual for the last photo of me and the 2 brides maids so its nit "just another wedding photo" Thanks

I would get rid of the reflections on walls behind you (the light on wall)the big black window (top)maybe even other people and crop as Steve said ……… get rid of the girls sandals,it will take you some practice but entirely possible

can anyone come up with anything Different or unusual for the last photo of me and the 2 brides maids so its nit "just another wedding photo" Thanks

I had a go at this one.

Did some noise removal, sharpen, densify colors, blur and darken the background, and crop.

P1020047-psg.jpg

Last edited:
wedding1a.jpg

Last edited:
I don't mean to re edit the same images someone's already done but I just go with the one I think I can do the most with... my imagination drags me around, up and down : )

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You can get the full sized from here ^^

gaussian, how'd you edit the first image so you can enlarge it by clicking upon it?

Last edited:

Back