What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please need help with luminosity masks

sekuko

I'm new to photoshop (version 21.0.1) and trying to exposure blend with luminosity masks. However I get a strange pixelated effect.
I've created the mask for the top layer:
1.jpg
When I show only the top image I get this pixelated appearance (I want the top part of the image to show through):
2.jpg
When I paint with white on the mask I get the desired effect. Why doesn't it happen with the luminosity mask?:
3.jpg
What am I doing wrong? Please I need help. Thanks in advance

For masks, white reveals, black conceals. Grey will yield semi-transparency.
If you want the sky to show, paint the mask with white.

Thanks. But isn't this supposed to happen automatically with luminosity masks ? I'm using TK panel basic.

Hello. Sorry that you're having issues.
It's really hard for us to offer help here when we have no idea how the luminosity mask was created. Stating that you are using a TK Panel is not much help.
A luminosity mask is still just a layer mask created by making a selection. If you are experiencing transparency, then you need to adjust the selection to include the desired pixels.

I'm using TK panel basic.

Back