What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pop out style

Paul

Former Member
I have a image its cut out cruedly i know, i want to make the lighter bottom bit transparent and stand out away from main image, how do i do it please? Not have a white background when i post it, does that make sense?

Yeah so that if it was posted anywhere, the hands and bottom half would be the only things visable NOT the chequer board or white area.

lol.... that was the checkerboard blank background of PS.

I assume, based on what you said, that you've cut out the girl and on a layer..... delete your background (CTRL+A to select the contents of the layer - hit delete)...... select the gradient tool.... Go to Edit Gradient .... select foreground to Transparent gradient. Make sure you've set you foreground to black....

View attachment 3689

Create the gradient on the background layer... to ensure the gradient is at a 90 degree angle, click on her chin (Don't let go) hold down the SHIFT KEY and drag down to about the level of her left thumb and release. There's the black gradient with a transparent bottom half.

Here... she's ready for you.... lol..... but I don't think I cut her clean from your image......

View attachment 3690

If your not happy with it, you have to repeat everything from deleting the background to creating the gradient till you get the look you want.

When done, save directly as a .png (Don't flatten the image or the empty space will be replaced with white...

Hope this helps.

PS... if you want to do a "clean cut" selection of the girl, here's a quick tute... http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/photoshop-newbies/30077-help-cutting-out-image.html

Thanks for that mate.

I would like to do a stand out siggy with this image or simular ones, what i mean is have the arms outside the main frame of the siggy, so it looks like shes crawling out of the siggy, i hope you understand my crappy ask lol?

Last edited:

Back