What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Portrait Retouching Challenge

I finally had some time to try this. I am not that great with retouching. But enough disclaimer.

I wanted to make her more mature; more aware of her womanhood; bony prominences accentuated; streaks in her platinum hair; aome slef-consiouc application of make-up; slightly different eye color. But I didn't want her to be hard looking, maybe just a touch. She knows more, wants more, expects more now.

petrous_retouch.jpg

I got a similar look Auntie...too much red, yours is better than my sunburn job, I am plugging I keep going for the fresh young look , until I get to those eyes.....

Last edited:
I finally had some time to try this. I am not that great with retouching. But enough disclaimer.

I wanted to make her more mature; more aware of her womanhood; bony prominences accentuated; streaks in her platinum hair; aome slef-consiouc application of make-up; slightly different eye color. But I didn't want her to be hard looking, maybe just a touch. She knows more, wants more, expects more now.

View attachment 46827

She still looks fresh and innocent, though her eyes reveal that she had her first boyfriend recently.
Great job Clare!

Yeah chris, she just isn't so innocent anymore is she, lol?

@fotograffiti, I did that mostly for us girls! We know how the makeup goes on once there is a boy in the picture, but we also know we do it for the girls too.

It reminds me of something I read years ago, of the rich Arabian woman who go into a cold room with their girlfriends and wear all their fur coats, stunning dresses and jewels. They can't wear them in the desert air nor out in public around men, can they? With respect to anyone who might be offended, I don't mean any disrespect; it is just a playtime for some of the elite. And not uncommon at all among women everywhere, especially in western cultures, to dress up for each other.

I can see the difference in the roundness, or lack there of, of the cheeks. Great job!

There is SO MANY things to do with a beautiful young woman...:mrgreen:
I´m gonna change her body and soul and force her to call me Yahve! MUHAHAHAHAH!!! :banghead:

petrous_by_natalianaumova-d5d3rr2.png

There is SO MANY things to do with a beautiful young woman...:mrgreen:
I´m gonna change her body and soul and force her to call me Yahve! MUHAHAHAHAH!!! :banghead:

I think the the Goddess Shakti may smile, but I doubt if we can elevate you to the position of deity . . . just yet.

:mrgreen:

Good evening sirs,

i though that i might give a try too on this contest, it can be a really nice way of increasing my skills of Photoshop, since i never did some portrait retouching (i've only blended photo together since now).

What do you guys think?
& sorry Sam, i stole your liquefiing idea :p it's such a difficult tool i think! For the nose one side was never matching the other, it's like when we try to draw some eyes on paper.

Thanks in advance for your comments :rolleyes:

(oh and i added some reddish strands in her hair, i find it super sexy)

Attachments

• Contest.jpg
    Contest.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 32
It is interesting to compare the last two images. Such different takes and the looks are so far apart for just one girl.

Not just here hair darker, lol. The dark and the light girl.

Oh Oh May I jump in too. I was ready two days ago :)

Here is my retouched version.
I like the natural look of the girl so I did a little dodge & burn, fixing her mouth ...
don't know but I like her with copper hair :)

Was a pleasure to retouch so good looking skin.
petrous_by_natalianaumova-d5d3rr2 copy.JPG

Congrats - I think you are first of us who has not dishonoured her and really made her more beautiful... :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Back