What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Portrait Retouching Challenge

I certainly have to disagree with you Jergon.

Hmm, I didn't mean it so much serious, I apologize if I have insulted anyone... In fact, the nitea's version IS number one for me, but there are another ones I like too, of course. Sorry, maybe I have overdone my kiddings for now - or maybe is not evident enough these were just a kiddings... :-(

I think it is an intersting use of sharpening Mike and I like the eyes. Pretty good for someone who doesn't do this stuff.

@chris. Thanks so much for the composite. It is really cool to see them all together and the various interpretations. Though I think they all have individual changes, they are surprisingly simlar to a great extent (with a couple exceptions). I just think there is not a lot that can be done to enhance such a lvoely girl.

I think it is an intersting use of sharpening Mike and I like the eyes. Pretty good for someone who doesn't do this stuff.

I just think there is not a lot that can be done to enhance such a lvoely girl.

Thanks. I normally oversharpen most things and increase contrast.

This Image gave me fits, because it was so soft to start.I did things very slowly and really liked most parts until I got to the lips. Had to keep them firm, but not too full, I lost..but she is a lovely subject.

@chris. Thanks so much for the composite. It is really cool to see them all together and the various interpretations. Though I think they all have individual changes, they are surprisingly simlar to a great extent (with a couple exceptions). I just think there is not a lot that can be done to enhance such a lvoely girl.

Thanks Clare.
I think all these pictures are as individual as the imagination of real beauty is. I guess we all learned a lot in this process and had some good fun!

I really like that you put together the composite Chris. I keep trying to pick some favorites and I can't. I wouldn't post my top 3 anyway, since it's just an opinion. They are all good, even the ones which seem a bit weird to me have distinct flavors that keep me looking at them.

I glance and blink in horror...;)

At what do you blink in horror? Yours is great. I too made mine look like the work of a girl experimetning, but mine is at a slightly older age. I love yours becaue it makes her a very modern girl - with the tatoo, pink hair highlights, the little mole, etc. Well done.

Mike: very nice piece, maybe you could sharpen also lips, they look a little bit out of focus in the rest of the pic.

Mike: very nice piece, maybe you could sharpen also lips, they look a little bit out of focus in the rest of the pic.

Thanks....Yeah that is one of the issues...I am still fussing with my .psd

IF I get it better, I will post it up.:thumbsup:

They are all fantastic :)
I 'm curios what will happen if we send to that girl the different versions of her ?

I just spent an hour and a half making her up again in a different way, one click on the wrong cross and gone, gone forever....

Sorry to hear this Christina..........what happened?

Back