What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Post-Father’s Day

BUUURITTBEE

Hey gurus.

So. I recently lost my dad and I’m very much still grieving. This was his First Heavenly Father’s Day and I wish so much that he was there. My daughter is the first grand baby and we never had the opportunity to take a group photo. I would absolutely love to have my dad added into the photo we took on Sunday. I am in the flower dress and would love my daddy next to me, unless you find that he can fit somewhere better. 🥰 My favorite photos of him are in the sun, so we took an outside photo.

I appreciate any and all time you put into this.

THANK YOU.

AC4883F8-4CC4-4084-BB3C-B418E2DE09F2.jpeg

7F3D7DE6-26A7-4616-84B4-C0D42A8E6C79.jpeg

D89F86FD-DBC9-432B-A178-82E408542A95.jpeg

C5B045C3-FB9C-42F8-AA17-23D225698C8B.jpeg

Rich54

Guru
Hi, this is not the final product—this is a very sloppy, very fast experiment just to see what it would look like.

If I put your father next to you, there are two problems:
1. I need to flip him (mirror image) so that he's facing the right direction.
2. The sunlight is hitting his face from the right, but for everybody else the sun is coming from the left. It's a mismatch of lighting.

The other choice is to show him on the far right, next to the woman in blue. He looks more natural over there.

Please let me know which you prefer. Also, how tall is your father compared to everyone else? Do I have his height ok?
Family.jpg

BUUURITTBEE

I know what you mean about the sun. 😓 But I would love to have him next to me.

And my dad is my height, almost exactly.

Thank you, Rich!

Rich54

Guru
Ok, I'll have it done sometime tonight. Probably a few others will jump in, as well, so you'll have some choices.

Rich54

Guru
Ok, I have two versions, whichever you prefer.
  • The first one has your dad flipped mirror-image, which causes the sun to be on the wrong side of his face.
  • In the second one, I kept his body flipped but tried to put his head back the way it was originally. The pose is now slightly stiff, but the light is more consistent.

Family.jpg

Family2.jpg