What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Previous short cut for "last used" parameters of Levels

ramirezportela

I recall that some versions ago I could apply the last used settings of LEVELS (I think it was Cmd + Shift + L ). Now it gives me an Auto Tone (or auto levels). When editing hundreds of pics, since it is something that would'nt work for me as a recorded action, does anyone know which would be the new keyboard combination? Thanks in advance

Hi ramirezportels

You can open Levels adjustments on a pixel Layer with Cmd + L (Cntl + L on a PC). For opening Levels adjustments on a pixel Layer with the last used adjustments you use Cmd + Opt + L (Cntl + Alt + L on a PC)

Pretty sure of that and hope that helps
John Wheeler

Hi ramirezportels

You can open Levels adjustments on a pixel Layer with Cmd + L (Cntl + L on a PC). For opening Levels adjustments on a pixel Layer with the last used adjustments you use Cmd + Opt + L (Cntl + Alt + L on a PC)

Pretty sure of that and hope that helps
John Wheeler
Hello; Thanks for your reply. On this end our suggestion only behaves like a zoom out of the image. (exactly as if I were pressing cmd + minus sign)

Hi ramirezportels
Apparently a tougher problem.
There are a number of places where this could be an issue so here are some ideas to try out
- Are you using an English version of PS and a Standard Keyboard with the Input Source set to English (its in preferences under keyboard). There are some types of versions of PS and keyboards that don't respond the same for the standard shortcuts
- The OS can allow PS to take keyboard shortcut priorities or the Mac OS keyboard shortcuts to get priority
- Checking or resetting the keyboard shortcuts in PS and the Mac OS might help as well.
- Do you use other helper hardware such as a tablet and pen (they can have their own shortcuts set up)
- Any other "helper" software running
- Some browsers have their own Keyboard shortcuts (yet not sure they take priority when that program does not have the focus)
- Resetting PS preferences is a quick and dirty way to see if it resolves the situation yet that may reset things you don't want to go away either

If one of the above does not help, the a step by step divide and conquer approach could be used including starting the machine in safe mode to eliminate all the "helper" programs that get launched at boot time.

BTW - is this a recent problem or just not tried these shortcuts in a long time. Narrowing down the timeframe often coincides with some other action done with the system that can help narrow down the problem.

Hope this gives you some starting points to try out
John Wheeler

Thanks for your response! I will check if its the Wacom tablet overriding some preference. "BTW - is this a recent problem or just not tried these shortcuts in a long time." I think I've tried this short cut some time ago.. Its just that this time Im really needing it. I will try resetting PS. In the Adobe forum a user wrote: "The last settings are always called with the same shortcut as the tool itself with the addition of the Alt (Option) key (except when you yourself reassigned this keyboard shortcut to another panel / tool)." So I guess its the one I always used long time ago. Thanks for your help

Thanks for your replies. I found the culprit . Changing the systems keyboard to US fixed the problem..(Thanks to John Wheeler) Somehow never noticed it was at ABC extended. Now I can use Cmd + Opt + L for last used Levels settings.

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 7.40.00 PM.png

You're welcome ramirezportela

I only knew the answer due to my own Photoshop and Mac OS scars in a similar case of mis-applied keyboard. It gets really bad when you create a password in one keyboard and try and type it in on another keyboard and all the characters are hidden. I change keyboards to help those in other countries sometimes and I forgot to set it back. I had a few hours of stress on that one. Glad it worked for you
John Wheeler

Back