What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

printer settings

No far from it but its not printing cyan instead of yellow which i think rules out it is a printer head cog fault. In tha PS prnt view settings i need to know the ideal settings for whether it is colour managment or output
what are source space settings
print space settings
There are various options for these. and also my actual printer settings so as they dont conflict with each other which maybe was happening. No one seems to be able to explain these as they are there for a purpose. These are the things i am completely ignorant of and need a laymans explanation from an expert. Ideally someone to tell me what to use for these settings. I am trying to be as clear as possible.

Hi Jack - No need to apologize. As I said, we'll try our best to get to the bottom of your problem. Since dv8 is concentrating on possible problems with printing, I'm going to keep my focus on the earlier parts of your workflow.

Question 1:

Re an earlier question I asked, in post #33 in this thread, you responded: "Looking at image on Monitor it appears normal to me certainly no pronounced cyan colouring."

Did you mean that:
(a) only that one, single image looked normal and most of the rest of the images you open have odd colors within PS;

(b) most images look normal on your monitor, both within PS, and with applications like web browsers; or,

(c) something else / some other combination?

Question 2:

My current sense is that within PS, good images look good, and bad images look bad on your monitor (within PS). If this is the case, then why did you send us images (ie, the yellow sheet of paper and the flowers) that obviously have bad colors (ie, a strong cyan color cast on your monitor)? What exactly were you trying to illustrate? Did these images look good on your monitor and then change, or something like that?

I ask because if an image that looks good (on your monitor, within PS) prints poorly, then we have isolated the problem to the print phase. However, an image that looks bad (on your monitor, within PS) would be expected to print badly, no matter what the condition of your printer.

Tom

Thank youTom i appreciate that.
I am sorry if i appear to be confusing you. In answer to your question the images on my monitor appear reasonable not to profession standard but colours are average tones. The reason i contacted you was that when i opened a new white page and used paint bucket to make it into a yellow page when i printed it out it printed out cyan on the paper. I emphasise Tom it appears ok on my monitor. This is why i am wondering if my settings in PS are conflicting with my settings of my printer. i sent you a copy of the settings i was using for PS and Printer. I appreciate how hard it is for you to comprehend that is why i am trying toexplain to as clear as i can to your questions.

PS Tom my monitor seems ok browing the web etc and it picked up perfectly your photo

Hi Jack, dv8 is right, we were waiting to hear the results of your work on the printer.

With respect to the possibility of "front end" difficulties that I was concerned with, once you confirmed that the colors you see on your monitor look pretty good (ie, not wildly blue-cyan), I immediately discarded that possibility, and I am deferring to dv8's discussion of the possibility of an error somewhere in the output chain, not the input chain.

What really threw me off was when you posted the PSD file for the flowers and it had such a strong cyan cast.

Cheers,

Tom

just to go back to the beginning my querie was that when i made a blank A4 white page to yellow using paint bucket it prints a cyan colour. I asked if my photoshop and printer settings were conflicting. Judging by comments i am confusing everyone

Is this pdf a scan of the printout you made printed directly from PS?
Or a cropped , pixelated version of the original saved as pdf?

If its a print, the colors reproduced are close to the original colors in the full version of the image.... http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/44/Balto_east_hazy_day_jeh.jpg . Which means PS to printer is working fine with those settings.

Which may also mean the problem may lie in the "A4" paper colored with yellow bucket tool" image document.

I really appreciate your interest in helping me. Unfortunately i cannot do as you request because i have my printer stripped down looking for blockages. I have sent you a photo i printed before i discovered my problem for your comment with the settings of photoshop7 and my printer to see what your views are. I have long wondered the revelence of these settings and could never get a proper answer.
Colour Management For Printer
Source Space Colour Management
x Document Adobe RGB(1998) x ICM
Print Space
Profile:Epson PX830 730 Artisan
Intent: Relative Colourmetric
x Use Blackpoint Compensation

I think we understood that.

The problem is some images viewed and printed turn out OK as you mentioned.

The question we're figuring out is why only on certain images like your A4 in question.....

If you can post a screenshot of this "A4 image" loaded in PS , as I previously requested, we may find an answer or clue to something.....

just to go back to the beginning my querie was that when i made a blank A4 white page to yellow using paint bucket it prints a cyan colour. I asked if my photoshop and printer settings were conflicting. Judging by comments i am confusing everyone

I am getting lost here i have used different papers. The file i sent you is scanned of the image i sent you which printed out cyan instead of yellow.

This is screen shot of yellow page which is printing out cyan

Attachments

• A YELLOW PS.jpg
    A YELLOW PS.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 2
OK... the file looks good. Let's go to the print process......

Go to print preview.... Use OUTPUT rather than Color Management.

In your Epson Settings ... select either Color Controls or Photo Enhance. If Color Controls is selected are there options that will appear? if so and if you can, set them to default. If your unsure how or what to do, post a screen shot here.

Go ahead with the print .... if it still prints blue, CANCEL it ... no point to waste ink.......

Tell us what happens....

I have enclosed screenshot of printer settings. I dont know if this is revelent but when i open up a new page in PS instead of page being white it is a pale shade of yellow. I am trying to give as much info as possible.

Attachments

• printer settings x.jpg
    printer settings x.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 8
With what you said. looks like we're getting somewhere.... I hope... lol.

Epson Vivid or Standard will do just fine.

Is your PS Color Settings like this? MENU>EDIT>Color Settings

Color Settings.jpg

i thing you are right lol lol. Screen shot of my settings i hope your patince with me lastslasts lol

Attachments

• COLOUR SETTINGS X.jpg
    COLOUR SETTINGS X.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 8

Back