What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Effects problem importing to AE

serdumignu

I just cut out some scenes from a .avi movie and rendered each scene one at a time to create a handful of small videos.. I rendred them into wma 720 hd files.. didnt see option to make avi.. not sure if that matters.

Then when I want to import into after effects a box pops up with //interpret footage//. the item has an unlabeled alpha channel..... I tried all options in that popup i think. then the video file after import doesnt work and when i select it a popup comes and says //AFTER EFFECTS ERROR 4// reading frame from file//

Im using after effects CS5.5

I tried converting the wma file to avi and i could import the video into after effects now but its just a black screen video without any sound.

I Haven't touch video in sometime but let me say this, first & foremost a .wma file is just an audio file. This could be your problem otherwise you mean a .wmv That aside you might want to check and make sure that when u converted your original files and cut them into clips that you didn't set the mode to 32bit as I'm pretty sure if I remember correctly it has an option for RGB"A" which is an alpha channel inside of the video file- try 8bit... note that i haven't tampered with video in sometime so i might be a bit off. Hope this Helps...

Back